• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shipping calculation problem !!! Rate Topic   - - - - -

• ysandhu
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 07:27 PM #1

I was wondering if any one of you is finding this problem. For real time shipping calculation for Fedex(even for UPS.. though I don’t use that) the package size is defined in shipping configuration menu and shipping is calculated using the weight defined for product and these default dimension.

And as we all know that shipping change with dimension also. I think we should have option to define dimension at each product level and if for some product dimensions are not entered, default will be used.

What if we have a low weight product with large size..Fedex doen’t calculate that properly…

Any one of you guys ..if using some custom stuff to resolve this issue please let me know..

Thanks

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 11:02 PM #2

This has been mentioned repeatedly in other posts.

All you can do currently is to add some amount of money to the Shipping Freight field on the product. Unfortunately, this really only works for one shipping method (e.g., Ground) since the dimensional weight rates are higher for expedited services.

Forum member smavtron does offer a mod that allows for specifying that an item ships separately (shich at least creates an additional box on multi-item shipments) but I do not believe that it addresses dimensional weight. You might want to contact him.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)