Similar Products & Suggested Accessories. How To Implement?

Just wondering how the experts around here have implemented this.

´Similar Products´= products which are potential substitutes to the one which is displayed

´Suggested accessories´= products which can be added to the one which is displayed. Not necessarily required.

Questions:

1. Were you able to create 2 different modules/tabs or were you forced to enter both types of products into one add-on/module which I think is called ´related products´?

2. Which third party add-ons or modules or... do you use?

3. Similar products. What is best, as a product tab or as a block below the description?

4. Suggested accessories. Same question as (3).

Thanks in advance for any insight and tips!

Olof

bump

Just wondering how the experts around here have implemented this.

´Similar Products´= products which are potential substitutes to the one which is displayed

´Suggested accessories´= products which can be added to the one which is displayed. Not necessarily required.

Questions:

1. Were you able to create 2 different modules/tabs or were you forced to enter both types of products into one add-on/module which I think is called ´related products´?

2. Which third party add-ons or modules or... do you use?

3. Similar products. What is best, as a product tab or as a block below the description?

4. Suggested accessories. Same question as (3).

Thanks in advance for any insight and tips!

Olof

Olof,

I know that this add-on http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/customer-experience/related-products.htmlhas both Related Products and Accessories options. You can see the screenshots on the developer site - just click the "Buy now" button to get there.

It has both tabs and blocks.

Please take a look at this add-on: Automatic Cross-Selling

or this one: Intelligent Random Products

Olof,

I know that this add-on http://marketplace.cs-cart.com/add-ons/customer-experience/related-products.htmlhas both Related Products and Accessories options. You can see the screenshots on the developer site - just click the "Buy now" button to get there.

It has both tabs and blocks.

Hi Imac,

Thanks for your suggestion. That add-on is nice and I already have it. We use it for ´Similar´ Products.

What I would like to do is have a second add-on in order to show ´accessories´.

I will look into the suggestions from ThomH. Thanks ThomH.

Regards,

Olof

Thanks for your suggestion. That add-on is nice and I already have it. We use it for ´Similar´ Products.

What I would like to do is have a second add-on in order to show ´accessories´.

Hello Olof,

Glad to hear that you use my add-on.

I would like to note that the latest version of Related Products Pro add-on allows you to configure both related products and accessories.

Here is how it can look like:

You can display it in block or in tab.

I will be glad to answer any of your questions.

Hi 1Clue,

Thanks for your updated info. We do have your extended version but probably an older version (about 2 years old).

I will contact you via your website to see how we can get the latest version.

thanks

Olof