• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

RMA - Return Merchandise Authorization? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2006 - 02:49 PM #1

Hello,

I would like to have some informations about CS-Cart. Actually, I use another great software with some modules I need and I would like to know if I can find them with CS-Cart:

1) RMA - Return Merchandise Authorization?
Individual return period for each product
Automatic generation of a Return Slip
Option to issue a credit for future purchases (the credit is given as gift certificates)
Configurable Return reasons
Email notifications about return authorization

2) AOM - Advanced Order Management?
Adding/deleting ordered products
Updating quantity and options of ordered products
Modifying shipping/billing address and personal information
Changing payment method
Changing delivery method
Recalculation of shipping costs

THANKS!

• zeke
  • Megamind
  • Administrators
  • 472 posts

Posted 05 June 2006 - 08:00 AM #2

Jeff,

CS-Cart has built-in order management since version 1.3.3. As for RMA, it'll be implemented in future versions, but we can offer you our custom development service if you wish to implement it in current version.

Feel free to contact us.

• Guest_Jeff_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2006 - 09:38 PM #3

Thans for your answer. Indeed, I bought CS-Cart today.

By the way, I've got a good Mac and it was impossible to open the .TGZ file after I downloaded the last version. With a PC it's ok, but not with my Mac. Don't know why, it's the first time I have this kind of problem.

Anyway, I'm a new customer :)

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 27 November 2006 - 05:24 AM #4

RMA Module? Says its been offered on the wishlist but where do I find it?

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 03:01 AM #5

The current version of CS-Cart lacks support for RMAs. This is another option we look forward to seeing in future releases and based on what has been delivered recently, I am confident will be a top-notch tool for managing returns.

In terms of Advanced Order Management, CS-Cart's built-in admin embarasses what X-Cart offers for an additional $30.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• snorocket
  • Forum Janitor
  • Members
  • 2519 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 12:36 PM #6

In terms of Advanced Order Management, CS-Cart's built-in admin embarasses what X-Cart offers for an additional $30

Yea I agree the editing of orders needs to be more user friendly. Currently it's like placing a new order and even sends another un-controlled email to the customer saying Thank You for your order (yea for the order they already placed)...so all we need is some editable/updatable input fields to edit orders, it's that simple...something simlar to the translate settings buttons in admin that will enable the editing of the input fields with an update or save changes button...
SNOROCKET.COM, Now Accepting PRE-ORDERS:
Customer Service (Helpdesk) Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1
Quote and Invoicing Addon for CS-Cart v4.3.1

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:01 AM #7

... and even sends another un-controlled email to the customing saying Thank You for your order (yea the order they already placed)...so all we need is some editable/updatable input fields to edit orders, it's that simple...

Hmmm...I had never noticed that additional e-mail being sent until now. I guess I had not been updating a lot of orders. I do like the idea that order updates are processed by the same routines, especially if they could void a charge and reprocess with the new amount.

I guess X-Cart's approach is not too bad though. It certainly provides good visibility to what changes are being made.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• pako
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 03:39 AM #8

The current version of CS-Cart lacks support for RMAs. This is another option we look forward to seeing in future releases and based on what has been delivered recently, I am confident will be a top-notch tool for managing returns.

In terms of Advanced Order Management, CS-Cart's built-in admin embarasses what X-Cart offers for an additional $30.

Bob

Oh. I thought I had seen it on a change log somewhere that it had already been done.Just didn't want to miss out on it. And yes so far CS-Cart is awesome and continues to impress!!