• You cannot reply to this topic

Add New Custom Field - Blog Rate Topic   - - - - -

• sarathlal
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 04:59 AM #1

Hi,

I want to create a new custom input field on admin interface of blog pages. Also I want to display value of this custom field on front end.

So can any one help me on this tweak. Is there any tutorials to add new custom field?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 20784 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:07 AM #2

I am afraid, there is no guide for this. You should correct the following files:

Update blog post:

design/backend/templates/addons/blog/hooks/pages/detailed_content.post.tpl

View blog post:

design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/addons/blog/hooks/pages/page_content.pre.tpl

and the cscart_pages table in the database

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• sarathlal
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:32 AM #3

I am afraid, there is no guide for this. You should correct the following files:

Update blog post:

design/backend/templates/addons/blog/hooks/pages/detailed_content.post.tpl

View blog post:

design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/addons/blog/hooks/pages/page_content.pre.tpl

and the cscart_pages table in the database

Thanks @eComLabs for your help.

Is it possible to override the design/backend/templates/addons/blog/hooks/pages/detailed_content.post.tpl template via another custom addon?

I have created new addon, activated that addon & copied same template  in to design/backend/templates/addons/my_new_changes/hooks/pages/detailed_content.post.tpl and edited. But there is no changes happened.