• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Alternative To Platinum Plan

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 06:47 PM #1

Hi there,

I am very very interested in a iOS/Android app for my cscart multivendor web. Twigmo is taking very long time to launch the Platinum plan, even today they don't know anything about when Platinum will be ready, maybe tomorrow? maybe 2 months? maybe 1 year? or never?? This is not serious, many customers want to know if we can count with Platinum or not, and we want to know when it will be ready.

With this uncertainty I have decided to look for an alternative. Please, does anyone know how I can convert my web to app?

I have been researching and there are some alternatives, someone has used them?

https://apptuse.com/...art-mobile-app/

https://www.shopgate...erface/cs-cart/

http://mobikul.com/cs-cart-mobile-app/(just Android)

Thank you

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 12:19 PM #2

No answers??

What is the problem with the Platinum plan, is't a technical problem? a license problem? what? please share the problem with your clients, so we can understand the issue.

I have bought CS-Cart because I wanted a app for my web but now you haven't it. Please, CS-Cart Team, may you give to your customers a date for the launching of the Platinum plan?

Why you can not give us a date? We just ask a "Date" to dispel the uncertainty.

Thank you.

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 02:04 PM #3

Hello,

What is the problem with the Platinum plan, is't a technical problem? a license problem? what? please share the problem with your clients, so we can understand the issue.

I am sorry, we cannot share the reason.

I have bought CS-Cart because I wanted a app for my web but now you haven't it. 

We apologise for removing the Twigmo Platinum plan (it was available since February 2015 till February 2016). If Twigmo was the only reason to buy a CS-Cart license, please contact us via the CS-Cart Help Desk and we will return your money for the license.

Please, CS-Cart Team, may you give to your customers a date for the launching of the Platinum plan?

Why you can not give us a date? We just ask a "Date" to dispel the uncertainty.

The latest information is that Twigmo will unlikely have the Platinum plan again in the future. We will update the Twigmo website soon. We plan to offer this option (a private mobile store app) as a part of the firm CS-Cart service later this year (no exact date either, sorry).

Thank you.

Alex Vinokurov,
Chief Visionary Officer at CS-Cart & Twigmo

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 01:55 AM #4

Hello,

I am sorry, we cannot share the reason.

We apologise for removing the Twigmo Platinum plan (it was available since February 2015 till February 2016). If Twigmo was the only reason to buy a CS-Cart license, please contact us via the CS-Cart Help Desk and we will return your money for the license.

The latest information is that Twigmo will unlikely have the Platinum plan again in the future. We will update the Twigmo website soon. We plan to offer this option (a private mobile store app) as a part of the firm CS-Cart service later this year (no exact date either, sorry).

Thank you.

Thank you for your answer.

Twigmo was not the only reason, it was a important reason but CsCart is much more, it's a Excellent shopping cart software, I will continue with it ;)

Will you offer convert the web in a app?? that is a fantastic news!!

Will be a subscription? how much will be the price? will it be for iOS and Android?

Thank you

• ghostrider
  • Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 02:12 AM #5

It will be a great business for developers out there, who offer to make mobile apps for cs-cart!

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 04:52 AM #6

Twigmo was not the only reason, it was a important reason but CsCart is much more, it's a Excellent shopping cart software, I will continue with it ;)

Will you offer convert the web in a app?? that is a fantastic news!!

Will be a subscription? how much will be the price? will it be for iOS and Android?

I'm glad to hear you will proceed with CS-Cart :)

Unfortunately, there is no final decision on that CS-Cart service, so I cannot answer your questions right now (I don't want you to be disappointed if something changes later). But most probably it will not be cheap and be offered as a part of the most expensive CS-Cart plan (will be announced later) together with some other privilege options. So you may need to start seeking for an alternative right now if you are looking for an app solution at $40/month.

Thank you for your understanding.

It will be a great business for developers out there, who offer to make mobile apps for cs-cart!

I'm not sure that the new CS-Cart service will change something for 3rd party CS-Cart developers. Actually, they can offer a mobile app for CS-Cart now (and they do as you can see in the very first topic post).

Thanks. 

Alex Vinokurov,

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 May 2016 - 10:53 AM #7

I'm glad to hear you will proceed with CS-Cart :)

Unfortunately, there is no final decision on that CS-Cart service, so I cannot answer your questions right now (I don't want you to be disappointed if something changes later). But most probably it will not be cheap and be offered as a part of the most expensive CS-Cart plan (will be announced later) together with some other privilege options. So you may need to start seeking for an alternative right now if you are looking for an app solution at $40/month.

Thank you for your understanding.

I'm not sure that the new CS-Cart service will change something for 3rd party CS-Cart developers. Actually, they can offer a mobile app for CS-Cart now (and they do as you can see in the very first topic post).

Thanks. 

I do not mind the price if the service is good but you should think about a market price, there is competition out there...

I will wait eagerly news about this service, 6 months go fast :)

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:05 PM #8

Hi Lantan,

I have a question. Apple doesn't allow to wrap a online shop in a app. A friend told me:

"Apple doesn’t want you to conduct any commerce outside the App Store. Before In-App Purchasing was available we developed an app that allowed the user to purchase additional credits using a third party payment service. That feature had to be removed. Another of our clients has a calling card type app. If you have a calling card you typically have an account that you may want to check the balance of, and you may want to add more money to it using your credit card. It took several submissions to get the wording surrounding these features to Apple’s liking. In the end all references to an account were removed and all links to the vendor’s web site opened Safari instead of an internal web view."

So, how you plan to wrap Cs-Cart in a iOS app? You will build a native app? How will be the payment method?

Thank you

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 09:06 AM #9

Hello SunDust,

Thank you for your questions.

Apple doesn't allow to wrap a online shop in a app.

Could you provide me with a quote from the Apple's legal agreements that confirms that? Your friend's statement cannot be a proof (unless he works for Apple Legal dept).

So, how you plan to wrap Cs-Cart in a iOS app? You will build a native app? How will be the payment method?

We plan to wrap a web version of CS-Cart in an iOS app as we do now in Twigmo. All payments methods that are used in a web store will be available in an iOS app (if possible).

Thank you.

Alex Vinokurov,

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 11:07 AM #10

Could you provide me with a quote from the Apple's legal agreements that confirms that? Your friend's statement cannot be a proof (unless he works for Apple Legal dept).

You can read it here: https://developer.ap...iew/rejections/

Also, in this PhoneGap article talks about this problem: http://www.adobe.com...gap-advice.html

After my research I have deduced that Apple could accept it if the app adds more functionality than the web, for example: Call by phone, Videos, Location (maps), Calendar, news, special offers, Push...). If the app has the same functionality as the web then likely they will not accept it.

Regards

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 03:02 PM #11

SunDust,

You can read it here: https://developer.ap...iew/rejections/

Also, in this PhoneGap article talks about this problem: http://www.adobe.com...gap-advice.html

Sorry, I see nothing related to your initial statement ("Apple doesn't allow to wrap a online shop in a app.") on these pages. Please quote an appropriate rule that forbids it.

Thank you in advance.

Alex Vinokurov,

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 10:23 PM #12

Sorry, I see nothing related to your initial statement ("Apple doesn't allow to wrap a online shop in a app.") on these pages. Please quote an appropriate rule that forbids it.

In the first link you can read:

"Websites served in an iOS app, web content that is not formatted for iOS, and limited web interactions do not make a quality app."

In the second link you can read for example:

"2.12: Apps that are not very useful, unique, are simply web sites bundled as Apps, or do not provide any lasting entertainment value may be rejected"

"12.3: Apps that are simply web clippings, content aggregators, or a collection of links, may be rejected"

"If your app is just a web site wrapped in PhoneGap, it will likely get rejected"

Regards

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:27 AM #13

SunDust,

You quoted the general Apple requirements, but there were nothing about "Apple doesn't allow to wrap a online shop in a app" and "Apple doesn’t want you to conduct any commerce outside the App Store". 

Apple does allow ecommerce apps for physical goods with any payment gateway and restricts only apps selling some types of digital content. We published 30+ iOS app that are "websites wrapped in PhoneGap" and never had problems with Apple approval due to "it's an online store with PayPal, not In-App Purchasing":

https://itunes.apple...ies/id393297240

Thank you. 

Alex Vinokurov,

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:54 PM #14

SunDust,

You quoted the general Apple requirements, but there were nothing about "Apple doesn't allow to wrap a online shop in a app" and "Apple doesn’t want you to conduct any commerce outside the App Store". 

Apple does allow ecommerce apps for physical goods with any payment gateway and restricts only apps selling some types of digital content. We published 30+ iOS app that are "websites wrapped in PhoneGap" and never had problems with Apple approval due to "it's an online store with PayPal, not In-App Purchasing":

https://itunes.apple...ies/id393297240

Thank you. 

Ok, I think I have misinterpreted the texts, thank you for your information ;)

• technoob
  • Trial users
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 12:56 AM #15

Are you going to launch a native app for both ios and android or just a hybrid app ?

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 11:47 AM #16

A hybrid app.

Alex Vinokurov,

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:00 PM #17

A hybrid app.

Hi Latan,

If someone makes a change in the template, for example in Detail Product view, possibly the change will not be seen in Twigmo because Twigmo does not allow to change its templates. You can see a example here: http://forum.cs-cart...-options-table/

So, will have the same problem with your mobile version?

Other questions:

Your mobile version will have Push service as Twigmo?

Have you already some approximate release date of your mobile version?

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:03 AM #18

Hello,

1) No, if the changes are visible in the CS-Cart responsive theme.

2) Yes, it will.

3) No, unfortunately, we don't.

Thank you for your questions.

Hi Latan,

If someone makes a change in the template, for example in Detail Product view, possibly the change will not be seen in Twigmo because Twigmo does not allow to change its templates. You can see a example here: http://forum.cs-cart...-options-table/

So, will have the same problem with your mobile version?

Other questions:

Your mobile version will have Push service as Twigmo?

Have you already some approximate release date of your mobile version?

Alex Vinokurov,

• SunDust
  • Trial users
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 12:46 AM #19

A hybrid app.

Hi Latan,

Your mobile version for Muiltivendor will allow to create a app for each vendor with own name or it will be just one app for all vendors?

• Lantan
  • CVO
  • Administrators
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:19 AM #20

Hello,

No, we do not plan to offer a separate native mobile app for each vendor, only an app for the whole multivendor store.

Thank you.

Alex Vinokurov,