Jump to content

  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

SEO URL Add On 1.35 SP1 Rate Topic   - - - - -

  • bholland
  • Senior Member
  • Members
  • Join Date: 16-May 06
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:49 PM #1

Hi All,

So I feel a bit silly posting this question as I've installed CS about five or six times and have never had an issue...

I'm dealing with a fresh install of 1.35 SP1 on my VPS in the root of a subdomain and I can't get the SEO URLs to work. I have mod rewrite working on my server (I've checked and had the beta version of 1.35 working fine). I have the SEO box checked under "add ons general". Nothing is happening though. The URLs are staying the same, I'm not getting any errors, it's like nothing changed. I've tried clearing my template cache, but that hasn't helped anything.

Here is my current .htaccess file:

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine on
# Some hostings require RewriteBase to be uncommented
# Example:
# Your store url is http://www.yourcompany.com/store/cscart
# So "RewriteBase" should be:
# RewriteBase /store/cscart 
# RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . index.php [L]


I've tried commenting and uncommenting the rewrite base. The strange thing it that NOTHING is happening...No errors, nothing...

Am I missing something here??



  • S-Combs
  • Senior Member
  • Members
  • Join Date: 09-Nov 06
  • 692 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:16 AM #2

You mention you have it installed into a subdomain so this is proably an issue with the RewriteBase.

If you access the subdomain like, cscart.yourdomain.com then your rewritebase may need uncommented and set to /. If you are accessing your site like yoursite.com/cscart then you should change it to the name of the sub directory RewriteBase /cscart
Secure Cart Hosting
[CS-Cart Optimized Solutions and Server Management]

  • bholland
  • Senior Member
  • Members
  • Join Date: 16-May 06
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 04:43 PM #3

Thanks for the reply S-Combs.

I did a fresh intall on a different domain and didn't run into any issues, so I'm still not sure why it's not working. Oh well. The subdomain was just going to be for dev anyways. I tried commenting and uncommenting rewrite base, it didn't seem to have any effect.