Price Modifier Dropdown Improvement?

Hi

I have products with different sizes and prices based on size...

the price modifier option works fine, but is there a way to show just the final price in the dropdown menu instead of the amount that will be added to the original price?

as you see in the image below I would like that to show 2x4 ($68.00) and NOT 2x4 (+$30.00)

I think that is confusing and not good to show to customers...please advise...thanks

It can be done via hooks. Enable the My changes module and create the following file:

design/themes/YOUR_THEME/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/products/options_modifiers.override.tpl

with this content:

{if $vr.modifier|floatval}({include file="common/modifier.tpl" mod_type=$vr.modifier_type mod_value=$vr.modifier+$product.price}){/if}

Then clear cache and check the result

(!) Not tested

Thank you much for the reply.

The code actually worked, but partially...

check the attached images...

basically, the prices now show correctly in the dropdown without the +$...

but after I select one of the options from the drop down the price shown as cost of the product is correct, while the whole list of prices displayed in the drop down changes and prices shown there are not correct anymore...

however, when if select one of them from the list the price shown is still correct...

it is just adding an amount in the drop down prices that does not match what the cart price displays...dont know where it is taking that amount from...

Untitled-3.jpg

Untitled-4.jpg

Try to replace:

$vr.modifier+$product.price

with

$vr.modifier+$product.base_price

Note: the whole modification will not work correctly if several options have modifiers. In this case more complex code changes are required

thank you for the reply...unfortunately it didn't work...

I realized what is happening

initially all the prices show correctly in the drop down, but after choosing one option then the amount equal to the difference with the base price is added to all the prices shown in the drop down...

for example base price $39.99 and the options are

2x3

2x4 89.99 (+50.00)

5x7 169.99 (+80.00)

If i pick the second option 2x4, price shows correctly as 89.99 but in the drop down menu the $50.00 difference (89.99-39.99) is added to the 2x4 and the 5x7 option changing their prices displayed to 139.99 and 219.99...which will confuse the shopper

however it is just a visual issue because the price for the options selected shows up correctly even if they display a price that is not correct anymore...

is there a way to stop the price modifier from adding the difference in price the drop down?

please let me know...thank you

It is required to examine issues on your server. Did you clear cache after latest changes? Actually base_price should not contain price modifiers.

It is required to examine issues on your server. Did you clear cache after latest changes? Actually base_price should not contain price modifiers.

Yes I did clear the cache...for some reason it is still doing it...

PM messaged you...