• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Free Shipping + Real Time Shipping Solution Rate Topic   - - - - -

• knoxbury
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 08:41 PM #21

I haven't gotten this free shipping method to work yet, but I have found an easy way to find your shipping method ID. Just look at the end of the URL once you click on your new shipping method in the admin panel. The end of the URL will say something shipping_id=10.

• Bill G.
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 11:42 PM #22

I sent tech support a message about an hour ago. I don't understand why CS-Cart doesn't already allow us to do this?:confused:

We, like some of you folks, ship products to several countries. We also give a FREE SHIPPING discount for orders over $99.00 shipped to destinations WITHIN the U.S. Without FORCING existing and potential new customers to become a member (of a free shipping membership type), as the cart exists today, there is no way to restrict a free shipping discount to a particular destination, e.g., U.S., Canada, UK, or some other country. Using "Realtime Shipping", if we set up a "Free Shipping" discount and assign it to membership type "All", everyone - including customers from all around the world - will have free shipping applied to their cart! We can not afford to do that.

We simply need to be able to create a "Free Shipping" discount and restrict its use to a particular country, for example. Why havn't they already done that for us? I thought that I would at least be able to do that with this cart when I recently purchased it. ?

Bill G.
supremefulvic.com

• Bill G.
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 12:54 AM #23

Hey folks, am I the only one having a problem with free shipping and not being able to restrict it to the U.S. (in our case). Also, what kind of tech support do we get with the cart? Are we only allowed one response per day? That appears to be the way it is going with me. The inability for us to implement a practical free shipping method is driving customers away. We have not had 1 new internet sale since the implementation of this cart. New customers were coming along, at least 1 per day, and making a purchase because of the free shipping over $99.00 Now they have to friggin register just to get free shipping and that is chasing customers away! Any suggestions folks?:confused:

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:13 AM #24

Hey Bill,

I haven't been around much, but if you will shoot me a message with your email address, I'll have my brother contact you to see if he can help out. The way our cart is configured, it does not require them to register to take advantage of free shipping. Granted, that is not standard functionality last I checked, but it's working perfectly for us.

Thanks,
JB
1.3.5 about to make the switch...
Free Shipping + Real Time Shipping Mod

• Bill G.
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:03 PM #25

Hey Bill,

I haven't been around much, but if you will shoot me a message with your email address, I'll have my brother contact you to see if he can help out. The way our cart is configured, it does not require them to register to take advantage of free shipping. Granted, that is not standard functionality last I checked, but it's working perfectly for us.

Thanks,
JB

Hey Jerry.
Thanks for the offer. I brought this problem to tech supports attention and they offered to modify the code to allow me to apply free shipping, or whatever other promotion, to a specific destination selectable from options like the shipping destinations section. The cost is $420.00 U.S. for the mod. We can't justify spending the money right now. We also believe that feature should be standard stock feature with the cart. The method we are using is... the customer is forced (unfortunately) into using a coupon code. That's working but it's not the correct way to offer free shipping over $xx.00 We'd rather have the cart apply free shipping automatically.

Bill