• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrade 1.3.5 to 1.3.5 sp1 Rate Topic   - - - - -

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:24 PM #1

Now that 1.3.5 sp1 is out what is the best way to upgrade without loosing all of my changes that I have spent a lot of time changing in 1.3.5?

I figure I could use the store manager, but I really don't like that thing and I thought I would see if there is a better way.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:30 PM #2

Now that 1.3.5 sp1 is out what is the best way to upgrade without loosing all of my changes that I have spent a lot of time changing in 1.3.5?

I figure I could use the store manager, but I really don't like that thing and I thought I would see if there is a better way.

Thanks in advance.

Brandon

Personally having not yet upgraded i would advise that you set up a server locally. This advice is probally wide of the mark somewhat, but it is good advice for the future and will show you any errors.

Link is here http://www.apachefri...g/en/xampp.html

ALSO

If you are using 1.3.5 then why not change your signature to highlight this.
Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:49 PM #3

Personally having not yet upgraded i would advise that you set up a server locally. This advice is probally wide of the mark somewhat, but it is good advice for the future and will show you any errors.

Link is here http://www.apachefri...g/en/xampp.html

ALSO

If you are using 1.3.5 then why not change your signature to highlight this.

Having just looked at the changed files in SP1 many of the changes you can probably get away with doing manually - just updating the files already in the root. Unless of course you are using the /base/ skin, i cannot see to much to worry about unless you have made cheges outside of the 'Skins' Dir.
Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5

• roban
  • Moderators
  • 1132 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:43 PM #4

I used Store Manager and the upgrade went flawlessly. I was left with 31 conflicts and they were all skin related to skins I don't use so I just chose to resolve them with the default. So far so good.

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:15 PM #5

All would appear ok. I did it via ftp and not like Roban and just overwrote older files. Simple enough with no errors and took about 15 mins. The /var/ folder is quite large!

Uploaded the sql file into MySql and updated via Query.

REMEMBER TO BACK UP THOUGH

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5

• wavi
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:53 PM #6

i'm sorry but for a correct update and a good information, what is the correct .sql file required for update 1.3.5 to 1.3.5 sp1 trought database query :

data.sql ?

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:58 PM #7

i'm sorry but for a correct update and a good information, what is the correct .sql file required for update 1.3.5 to 1.3.5 sp1 trought database query :

data.sql ?

Yes you are correct. Is it not the only one in the upgrade !

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:15 AM #8

I did upgrade my localhost store to 1.3.5 sp1 just by uploading the files. I also uploaded the database file to var/database/backup and then ran the database restore from the admin side of the cart.

Also I do have the store I am upgrading on my localhost. I followed the directions CS-Cart supplied in the file area and everything works great. I really like having my store on my localhost since it allows me to do modifications and updates without actually messing with my live store.

I am also still working with both 1.3.4 sp3 and 1.3.5 sp1 since I have a couple of modifications to my live store that still have to be remodified before I can update my live store.

Thank you for the help and ideas.

Brandon

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:31 AM #9

For people running Windows, I cannot recommend Beyond Compare enough. This tool makes quick work of identifying every file which has changed including every line added/deleted and highlighting the specific changes on other changed lines. This is, without a doubt, one of the best $30 you can spend to make upgrades go as smooth as possible, especially if you have modified any of your files.

I wish they made a version for the Mac because I have yet to find anything as simple or thorough as this.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• truem
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:27 AM #10

got errors when trying to upgrade

that software is evil :(

• honey2000
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:29 AM #11

i think that ,
cs-cart team must find a straight and easy solution for this.
it is not easy to upgrade the version for a normal user.

i remember (tell me if i am wrong), there was a menu in the admin, atthe right top corner, "upgrade"
but now it is not present.

i was thinking to upgrade just with 1 cilick,but i saw that it is impossible.

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:23 AM #12

For people running Windows, I cannot recommend Beyond Compare enough. This is, without a doubt, one of the best $30 you can spend

I use Winmerge which allows files or complete directories to be compared.

And it's FREE.
Charlie

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:47 AM #13

Providing there are no "template" changes or major modifications within the tables/files overwritten:

Upload \latest\ files over to your store
Run the upgrade.sql file in PHPMyAdmin's Query Tab
Run domain.com/store/post_upgrade.php

Re-write config.php values for the store url, ssl url and database information.

Then you can laugh
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

Posted 23 October 2007 - 12:09 PM #14

Aren't some of the comments in regard to the origianal post going off the subject somewhat.

Take a look what JesseLeeStringer pinned.

http://forum.cs-cart...read.php?t=4100

Personally i believe if they are giving up their time to moderate this forum the least we can do is help them out.

That nice comment will cost you 10$ as agreed Jesse. :lol:

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5

Posted 23 October 2007 - 02:10 PM #15

Aren't some of the comments in regard to the origianal post going off the subject somewhat.

Take a look what JesseLeeStringer pinned.

http://forum.cs-cart...read.php?t=4100

Personally i believe if she is giving up her time to moderate this forum the least we can do is help her out.

That nice comment will cost you 10$ as agreed Jesse. :lol:

Somehow I don't quite understand what you mean there Demon...
I just posted with regards to the original post.

Providing there are no "template" changes or major modifications within the tables/files overwritten:

Upload \latest\ files over to your store
Run the upgrade.sql file in PHPMyAdmin's Query Tab
Run domain.com/store/post_upgrade.php

Re-write config.php values for the store url, ssl url and database information.

Then you can laugh

Unfortunately I'll have to charge you $10 for loss of precieved dignity due to your slandering. Granted that I'm male (with appendage) so in my own language ... PwNed! :rolleyes:
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:32 PM #16

Somehow I don't quite understand what you mean there Demon...
I just posted with regards to the original post.

Unfortunately I'll have to charge you $10 for loss of precieved dignity due to your slandering. Granted that I'm male (with appendage) so in my own language ... PwNed! :rolleyes:

I must apoligise from the outset for emplying you where female, slight cock-up on my typing, i was posting somewhere else with multiple screens open and got you mixed up :oops: sorry !

In regards to your misunderstanding, was it not you that expressed;

'#2 Don't Hijack someone else's thread. This means posting irrelevant content, comments and views that do not match the original post.
'

I was only highlighting the matter and my own views of two posts that were jabbering on about 3rd party software that had nothing really to do with the original post.

In future i will shut up :rolleyes:

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5

• truem
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:31 PM #17

Personally i believe if she is giving up her time to moderate this forum the least we can do is help her out.

yeah dude she is really giving up her time :lol:

I am trying out your instructions on how to manually upgrade jesse

• BarryH
  • Members
  • 1459 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:34 PM #18

Hi

I FTP uploaded to server in root, exracted files. Tried to go on admin.php (renamed tho!) got errors, rectified errors and extracted again, this time admin.php and straight into web-site. Is there anywhere I can look to see what version I'm on (to make sure it's upgraded) or is it not that simple.

Probably done it all wrong. I haven't lost anything form site that I can see.

Regards

BarryH

BarryH

CS-Cart v4.4.3 (Plus one being developed v4.5.2 SP2)
UK User

• coder
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:41 PM #19

Here are some easy steps..... is there something wrong ;)

1. If you have already installed 1.3.5 + DB
2. or, use an upgrade package designed by us to transfer the files form 1.3.4sp3 to 1.3.5 first
3. Now you have 1.3.5 working with Database X
4. Install 1.3.5 sp1 with another Database Y in another folder or subdomain
5. Copy the DB details of X (1.3.5 to 1.3.5 SP1) in config.php and it should work... so basically 1.3.5sp1 in on the old 1.3.5DB

the changelog does not say any changes in DB?

Did I miss anything or is this a wrong way...... I created a demo site using these steps and all worked fine

CS-CART: version 4.8.1

• truem
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 06:26 PM #20

this is what i did

extracted the 1.3.5 to sp1

uploaded to the server, overwrite all files

run the store manager when asked can not make directory click skip all

but here is my question

they updated a bunch of files in the var folder but these changes arent made to the skin