• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Easy Editing Of Invoices And Email Notifications Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11191 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 06:44 PM #161

Note that there is NOTHING easy about anything related to the new email editor unless you are simply using what's provided and adjusting the postitions/formats.

Adding a variable is a royal pain with many steps and many issues.  In fact they don't even trust their own functions to identify variables.  I.e. the {{order}} variables are all hard coded into the order variable class rather than simply using the business logic functions (fn_get_order_info()) as is done in the rest of the product.

I truly hope this approach is not duplicated in any future undertakings or experiments they perform (this was an experiment in TWIG).

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• lily
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:13 AM #162

My email notification format is messed up. It is backward. For example -> (Ship to: Kelly), I got Kelly : ship _to_ . How do I fix this. The whole email notification is like that. 

• richardfmm
  • Trial users
  • 240 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:13 PM #163

How to get the Paypal invoice credits into the invoice customer(3.4%+.35cents)?

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:37 AM #164

Note that there is NOTHING easy about anything related to the new email editor unless you are simply using what's provided and adjusting the postitions/formats.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

All those brackets and underscores and quotations do my head in!

The few changes I made did not work in the preview., and it was a simple case of duplicating simple code.

The Documents templates are not editable for me. Variables cannot be added, when clicked, no changes are made regardless of store/all stores mode.

edit-email-docs.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3238 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:41 PM #165

I had this problem too in first version invoicing was introduced (4.4.1 ?). But after upgrade to 452 now I do not have this problem any more.

As a temporary workaround you can use cs-cart demo site, were you do same action and copy result html code for example {{ o.shipping.[0..N].delivery_time }}

do not ask me what does the [0..N] stand for, never found answer to this..

I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.

All those brackets and underscores and quotations do my head in!

The few changes I made did not work in the preview., and it was a simple case of duplicating simple code.

The Documents templates are not editable for me. Variables cannot be added, when clicked, no changes are made regardless of store/all stores mode.

edit-email-docs.gif

Anyone have any ideas?

• richardfmm
  • Trial users
  • 240 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:26 PM #166

In order overview there is the extra fee PayPal in the invoice to see.

Only in Print Invoice there is nothing to see, only the total amount is then ok.

So i look for a input-line off the Paypal in the documents Invoice.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 12:52 AM #167

Thats interesting Darius.

The demo store admin does not have this issue, but i could not determine which version the demo is, I assume its the latest.

I can only assume that the [0..N] stands for "order number". The demo comes up with an error when previewing the invoice document if {{ o.shipping.[0..N].delivery_time }} is used. Also same error if I temporarily place an order number in there to test.

Nothing in the error.log

Bug report: http://forum.cs-cart...-add-variables/

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3238 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 11:12 AM #168

You are using CKEditor (full edition) from ecomlabs, with this editor I get this problem too. Change default editor in

?dispatch=settings.manage&section_id=Appearance

to Redactor and you should be well..

Thats interesting Darius.

The demo store admin does not have this issue, but i could not determine which version the demo is, I assume its the latest.

I can only assume that the [0..N] stands for "order number". The demo comes up with an error when previewing the invoice document if {{ o.shipping.[0..N].delivery_time }} is used. Also same error if I temporarily place an order number in there to test.

Nothing in the error.log

Bug report: http://forum.cs-cart...-add-variables/

http://demo.cs-cart....min.php?version

• American
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 08:39 PM #169

How would one add the customer Company Name to any invoices/emails/status changes? Right now it simply lists the contact name but not the company name for the customer. We have many commercial customers and that needs to be on there.

Brad G

CSC: 4.9.1

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:02 AM #170

Change default editor to Redactor and you should be well..

Correct, when using Reactor or TinyMCE there is no problem.

I am getting the feeling that this may be one of the reasons that CSC deleted CKeditor from the 4.6.x package.?

CSCart still have given no answer to the "why was CKEditor removed fron 4.6.2" question.

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:08 AM #171

Further, the preview still stalls, displaying 

Error Expected name or number at line 15

if {{ o.shipping.[0..N].delivery_time }}​ variable is included in the invoice.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18904 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 04:41 AM #172

del

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3238 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:12 AM #173

Did not know this, good reason not to update from 452SP2 for now.

CKEditor full version from ecomlabs was currently the only WYSIWYG editor that you could use to tweak invoice and get it printed since it got dedicated print button, no other editor has it..

Printing edited invoice is not existing functionality in cs-cart.. Document editor in cs-cart has no save button, you cannot save any changes you make, say you edit invoice and send to customer via email, but customer can also download non edited version of same invoice in his account orders page..

Correct, when using Reactor or TinyMCE there is no problem.

I am getting the feeling that this may be one of the reasons that CSC deleted CKeditor from the 4.6.x package.?

CSCart still have given no answer to the "why was CKEditor removed fron 4.6.2" question.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3238 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:16 AM #174

You should add something like

{% if u_company %}
  <p style="white-space: normal; font-size: 12px;margin: 0px; padding-bottom: 5px;">
{{ u_company }}
 </p>
{% endif %}

to > code snippets > Bill to

Please note that by default in cs-cart u_company is not required or visible, you should enable it and customer has to fill it first

demo.cs-cart.com/admin.php?dispatch=profile_fields.manage

also this field is not visible in checkout, only if editing profile or upon registration.

In my cs-cart inststance I have made u_company moved from

Contact information to Billing address in database, now this field is seen and can be updated in checkout. Also changed fax field to collect legal entity number if one needed..

How would one add the customer Company Name to any invoices/emails/status changes? Right now it simply lists the contact name but not the company name for the customer. We have many commercial customers and that needs to be on there.

• American
  • Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 03:34 PM #175

You should add something like

{% if u_company %}
  <p style="white-space: normal; font-size: 12px;margin: 0px; padding-bottom: 5px;">
{{ u_company }}
 </p>
{% endif %}

to > code snippets > Bill to

Please note that by default in cs-cart u_company is not required or visible, you should enable it and customer has to fill it first

demo.cs-cart.com/admin.php?dispatch=profile_fields.manage

also this field is not visible in checkout, only if editing profile or upon registration.

In my cs-cart inststance I have made u_company moved from

Contact information to Billing address in database, now this field is seen and can be updated in checkout. Also changed fax field to collect legal entity number if one needed..

I see basically what you are doing but am unsure of where to insert the snippet that makes sense. I want it to show up in all order status emails, invoices, etc.

Let's use the Processing status email as an example:

{{ snippet("header", {"title": __("change_order_status_default_subj", {"[order]": order_info.order_id, "[status]": order_status.description}) } ) }}
    {{ __("dear") }} {% if order_info.firstname %}{{ order_info.firstname }} {% else %} {{ __("customer") }} {% endif %},
    <br />
    {{ __("change_order_status_default_text", {"[status]": order_status.description}) }}
    <br />
    <br /> {{ include_doc("order.summary", order_info.order_id) }}
  {{ snippet("footer") }}

Brad G

CSC: 4.9.1

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2043 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 12:28 PM #176

CKEditor was removed because it changed the licensing policy. http://ckeditor.com/pricing- it turned out we need an Enterprise plan.

Besides it had a number of bugs.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3238 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 03:34 PM #177

If you had a solution to save changes made by tweaking invoice and had tool to print paper invoice I would not even need ckeditor..

Now whats the point editing tweaking invoice and emailing customer if he then can print non edited invoice from his profile orders page then?

also you cannot use lang var general word invoice used in many admin and customer area to title invoice.. Invoice title sometimes needs to be in more then one language and consist of more then one word

CKEditor was removed because it changed the licensing policy. http://ckeditor.com/pricing- it turned out we need an Enterprise plan.

Besides it had a number of bugs.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2043 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:18 AM #178

If you had a solution to save changes made by tweaking invoice and had tool to print paper invoice I would not even need ckeditor..

Now whats the point editing tweaking invoice and emailing customer if he then can print non edited invoice from his profile orders page then?

also you cannot use lang var general word invoice used in many admin and customer area to title invoice.. Invoice title sometimes needs to be in more then one language and consist of more then one word

Darius,

I'm sorry but I did not understand the problem.

What do you mean under " save changes made by tweaking invoice"?

Also this "also you cannot use lang var general word invoice used in many admin and customer area to title invoice" is also not clear for me.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3238 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:53 AM #179

What is the point in tweaking and sending invoice here

demo.cs-cart.com/stores/admin.php?dispatch=orders.details&order_id=95

If customer here

demo.cs-cart.com/stores/index.php?dispatch=orders.details&order_id=95

can download print not edited version?

Darius,

I'm sorry but I did not understand the problem.

What do you mean under " save changes made by tweaking invoice"?

Also this "also you cannot use lang var general word invoice used in many admin and customer area to title invoice" is also not clear for me.

In

app/Tygh/Template/Document/Order/Variables

you are using __('invoice', array()

$this->data['invoice_header'] = __('invoice', array(), $this->context->getLangCode());
        $this->data['invoice_id_text'] = __('order', array(), $this->context->getLangCode()) . '&nbsp;#' . $this->context->getOrder()->getId();

now if I change __('invoice', array() in ?dispatch=languages.translations

to something how it should be in my language, it would look like "PVM SASKAITA FAKTURA", and this would be seen everywhere __('invoice', array() is used. You should of used something additional like __('invoice_title', array() that would fix the problem..

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 699 posts

Posted 04 September 2017 - 08:07 AM #180

Regarding the {{ p.options }} snippet.

How to change the way the OPTIONS are displayed in the Supplier (also admin and customer) notifications emails.

We have products where there are many options.

ATM the list of options and varients of an ordered product are all bunched up together without any line returns!

It looks horrible and is hard to read! Can anyone advise which .tpl I need to edit?

I just want it to show one Option/variant per line:

Currently it looks like this, which is just awful and will be hard for the suppliers sales dept to read.

Product

Cel-Fi GO Telstra Mobile Repeater Booster - Building LPDA pack

Options: Q1. I have a Telstra Mobile Network compatible Mobile / Modem.: Yes ,  Q2. Telstra Mobile Network coverage is available at my location.: Yes ,  Q3. I understand the GO offers up to 30x30m (900m2) coverage.: Yes ,  Q4. Does your Telstra device work in any other location? : Yes ,  Q5. The coverage problem has always existed at my location.: Yes ,  Q6. Installation / Registration Address: 555 Blah st,  BlahBlah BLA, 5555 ,  Indoor Antenna Type: Ceiling Mount Dome

I want it to look like this:

Product

Cel-Fi GO Telstra Mobile Repeater Booster - Building LPDA pack

Options:
Q1. I have a Telstra Mobile Network compatible Mobile / Modem.: Yes
Q2. Telstra Mobile Network coverage is available at my location.: 
Yes
Q3. I understand the GO offers up to 30x30m (900m2) coverage.: 
Yes
Q4. Does your Telstra device work in any other location? : 
Yes
Q5. The coverage problem has always existed at my location.: