Auto Generating Thumbnails For New Products Not Working

Relatively new to Multi-Vendor and I'm trying to figure out why thumbnails are not being generated automatically for new products. I've been experimenting with PDF files and it's my understanding that a thumbnail should be automatically generated based on the first page of the PDF. Loading a thumbnail image manually does work.

Probably overlooking a setting somewhere but at a loss to what it is. Have looked thru the Thumbnail settings under Administration menu and sizes, etc. look fine. Couldn't find anything in the knowledge base or forums either to help solve the problem. Is there an add-on that needs to be installed to enable the functionality? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Relatively new to Multi-Vendor and I'm trying to figure out why thumbnails are not being generated automatically for new products. I've been experimenting with PDF files and it's my understanding that a thumbnail should be automatically generated based on the first page of the PDF. Loading a thumbnail image manually does work.

Probably overlooking a setting somewhere but at a loss to what it is. Have looked thru the Thumbnail settings under Administration menu and sizes, etc. look fine. Couldn't find anything in the knowledge base or forums either to help solve the problem. Is there an add-on that needs to be installed to enable the functionality? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Please check whether writeable permissions are set up for the images/thumbnails directory. If it does not help please contact us via HelpDesk.

Took a look at the directory permissions and everything is set for 777. Tried adding another product this morning and confirmed that the thumbnail is not being generated. Anything else to check?

Are PDF files supported as images? I thought it was only PNG, JPG and GIF.

No, the image is created using the PDF and is not stored in a PDF format. The image is supposed to be created from the first page of the PDF with the image type based on the format selected/specified under the 'Thumbnails' options.

Took a look at the directory permissions and everything is set for 777. Tried adding another product this morning and confirmed that the thumbnail is not being generated. Anything else to check?

777 can be problematic on some servers with the security policy. Try to change at least to 775 or 664. Maybe do the trick.