Any Developers Familiar With Barcodes?

Hi, it seems there is a demand for an Addon that would enable barcode scanning into CS Cart. I think the Addon would need to;

Let you add barcodes to existing products

1. Show a barcode field next to every sku in a product. (This is a single product, plus a product with options) The first time you need to scan in a barcode you would;

a: bring up the product and sku in question in your Admin.

b: Click into the barcode field with your mouse.

c: Scan the physical product item barcode that would then read into the input field.

d. Save your changes.

Search for products by barcode

2. Once you have saved products with barcode values entered, you should then be able to;

a. scan a physical product item barcode which performs a search of your products.

b. if a matching barcode is found, the product page is brought up showing the sku code, barcode, qty fields etc. You can then manually input the amount of received products you have, therefore updating your CS Cart inventory.

c. If a product page of options is shown, each time I scan a new barcode, the focus should set to the next qty field. So I can type in the new qty amount with one hand.

Do any developers have experience with barcode technology and barcode scanners? I believe an Addon like this would be beneficial to a LOT of us. I for one would pay for this functionality.

According to this article; http://yourbusiness.azcentral.com/use-barcode-scanners-enter-excel-data-26896.htmlYou can install a barcode scanner, open excel, and scan the barcode directly into a cell (the barcode is just a series of numbers afterall)

If this is the case, we would just need the barcode input field added to each product variant such as;

And another page to perform a search for product by barcode;

I also need this functionality, since we use cs-cart as pos too.

Hi

You can do most of what you want with standard CS.

Create a product feature (Bar Code/GTIN) you can scan directly in to field with appropriate (plug n play) scanner. Unfortunately you can only have one bar code per product (CS seem to think that if you have variations of product, no bar code is required) but it does work for main product.

In products select advance search then product features, scan directly in to Bar Code/GTIN field and press search. This will return the correct product.

Hope this is helpful, if not a complete solution.

I am not a coder, but I honestly think the additional field in Inventory isn't a major job (could be wrong).

Regards

Barry

I really do not have variations so one code for product is ok. I will need to be able to import and export the field because we have around 7000 sku and we have already a database with all the UPC codes.

The search by bar code at the front end is really a must if not there is not a reason to have this done.

Unfortunately you can only have one bar code per product (CS seem to think that if you have variations of product, no bar code is required) but it does work for main product.

So again, the way cs-cart handles options is making sure this won't work for 95% of the cs-cart users. It really, really is time to re-do the options structure (see lots of other topics)

So again, the way cs-cart handles options is making sure this won't work for 95% of the cs-cart users. It really, really is time to re-do the options structure (see lots of other topics)

YUP! It would appear so, we have said for sometime now in various posts that the whole options set up is fundamentally wrong, updating prices (awkward) barcodes (none) weights (awkward).

CScart is a fantastic bit of software, but just little simple things seem to be TOO MUCH!

We have gotten so frustrated with the options set up that we now list most products with options seperately, but this doesn't work for lots of them and would be stupidity to list a product with 10 colours, 10 styles and 10 sizes seperately!!!!

Barry

I'm working on this right now and in march we will start working on the prototype.

I'm working on this right now and in march we will start working on the prototype.

Great Imac - I did only say it to trigger you ;)

any progression with this new functions?

Some people need to book stock into the system as well - a simple QTY number isnt often enough. Booking the items in as STOCK would be good with the barcodes.

e.g. Book 10 items in needs to make 10 fields for each barcode of the product

Qty is then set 10 items.

Each order reduces the inventory taking one of these 10 out per time attaching the product and barcode to the order.

Has anyone got this done yet?

Cheers,

Mark

Hi,

Did you progress this function at all? 4.4.2 and still nothing about this core function which many vendors need.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Did you progress this function at all? 4.4.2 and still nothing about this core function which many vendors need.

Thanks in advance

This feature is planned for v5, not for 4.4.x

Here you can find some details: http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/40692-options-improvements-please-vote-for-it/?view=findpost&p=255994

This feature is planned for v5, not for 4.4.x

Here you can find some details: http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/40692-options-improvements-please-vote-for-it/?view=findpost&p=255994

A pity, it will likely influence a move away from your software in this case. I feel this is fast becoming the next company to foul up for a core change in 5.x much like Prestashop did with 1.7.

It also worries me for the backward compatible modifications in 4.4.x which I am going to hazard a guess at being inoperable in 5.x

A pity, it will likely influence a move away from your software in this case. I feel this is fast becoming the next company to foul up for a core change in 5.x much like Prestashop did with 1.7.

It also worries me for the backward compatible modifications in 4.4.x which I am going to hazard a guess at being inoperable in 5.x

Answered in this thread: http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/40692-options-improvements-please-vote-for-it/?view=findpost&p=267000