• You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Php Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Poseidonas
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 12:47 PM #1

Hello,

How can I add my custom php code in a standard place?

i.e. I want to edit the filters on brand page.

I have read in forum about my_changes mod/addon but I cannot find if is that mod is enabled or desabled.

However, HTML/SMARTY block can do that?

Regards, George the Greek :P

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3809 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 01:59 PM #2

Hello,

I have read in forum about my_changes mod/addon but I cannot find if is that mod is enabled or desabled.

It is not a good practice to mix different types of code. The template files are responsible for the look and feel of the store and should not have anything to do with the actual functionality for which PHP code is responsible. Now we do our best not only to improve CS-Cart functionality but also to preserve the consistent code and keep the good coding style.

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11424 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 09:11 PM #3

The my_changes add-on needs to be enabled. Then follow instructions in knowledge base about using hooks. There are php home available for modifying returned features lists. Doing it at this level then remove the need for any template modifications.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19833 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 08:48 AM #4

Hello,

Functions which are used for product filters have many hooks. It is better to use them instead of changing functionality in the templates

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.