• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cart-Power Add-On: Image Optimization Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1564 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 04:10 PM #1

Dear friends!

We are glad to introduce you our new Image Optimization add-on that allows to compress images using the external services Resmush.it  and Shortpixel.com within store administration panel.

The results of image optimization are displayed after the process is finished. If for any reasons some images were not compressed the Image Optimization add-on provides an opportunity to repeat the compression for these images only. The first images optimization process may last quite long but you don't have to optimize all images all the time. The ability to find new images and compress them only is already built-in in the add-on.

The information about all optimized images is stored in the files in special var/logs/cp_image_optimization directory of your installation.

General Features:
  • Supported file formats: PNG, JPG, GIF, BMP and TIF for images up to 2MB, PNG, JPG, GIF for other images;
  • User-friendly working area within store administration panel;
  • Ability to choose the desired service for image optimization;
  • Ability to send limited requests in order to escape server overloading;
  • Ability to specify the desired compression level;
  • Displayed results of image optimization including freed space, number of successfully optimized images and fails;
  • Ability to repeat optimization for those images that failed before;
  • Ability to find and optimize new images only;
  • Ability to check the detailed information about all pictures in special logs:
  • Available list of store images in the administration panel (!new);
  • Ability to sort and find images by name, size, extension and statuses (!new);
  • Ability to upload and download images within administration panel (!new);
  • Ability to convert  images for products, categories, payments, shippings and product features) to .jpg extension (!new).
The first optimization:
)website_optimize2.png

The optimization results:
results.png

Images list:
images_list.png

Convertation to .JPG:
convert.png
Live demo:Compatibility:
 - CS-Cart version 4.2.x, 4.3.x, 4.4.x, 4.5.x, 4.6.x, 4.7.x, 4.8.x;
 - Multivendor version 4.2.x, 4.3.x, 4.4.x, 4.5.x, 4.6.x, 4.7.x, 4.8.x;

Video tutorial is here.

Please, see the examples of optimized images:

Shortpixel.com

Before (4 Mb)
before_1.jpg
After (804 Kb)
after_1.jpg

Other pictures can be seen here:Resmush.it

Before (1.9 Mb)
before_1.jpg
After (1 Mb)
after_1.jpg

Another example is here: before(1.5 Mb)after(728 Kb).

Official product page.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Посмотреть обсуждение модуля на форуме CS-Cart на русском языке
Cart-Power.com / Cart-Power.ru (sales@cart-power.com) offers you:
CS-Cart add-ons :: CS-Cart themes :: CS-Cart development :: CS-Cart license
Работаем с англоязычными и русскоязычными клиентами (work with English-speaking and Russian-speaking customers)

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 13 February 2016 - 05:36 PM #2

Hello,

Can you please post the link for storefront demo.
So we can compare the cs demo image and optimized images.

Great addon. Essential!
Regards

• Flow
  • Super Duper and Amazingly Sexy Senior
  • Members
  • 2218 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 06:50 AM #3

Nice one!

A couple of questions:

Is it possible to set a quality when using shortpixel? I tried their service but the image quality is not high enough when using lossy compression. The file sizes are extremely small which of course is good, but I'd rather have a bit bigger sized files and good quality - therefore i'm using Jpegmini at the moment who have found a good balance I think - honeslty I hardly see the difference between the original and a jpegmini file, while with shortpixel I see compression everywhere, unless I use PNG but than the filesize is too big.

Concerning resmush.it - I see quality can be chosen but do they also have a algorithm like shortpixel / jpegmini or is this simple old-fashioned JPG compression when using the paid version? Cause I tried the free version but it did not or hardly made my files smaller (free = lossless only).

When life hands you lemons, bring on the Tequila baby!

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1564 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:21 PM #4

Hello,

Can you please post the link for storefront demo.
So we can compare the cs demo image and optimized images.

Great addon. Essential!
Regards

Hello, 

Thank you for your positive response. 

Please, compare images of the TomTom GO LIVE Top Gear edition product.

Unfortunately, there are only a few images in the CS-Cart demo to see the significant difference in the file size after the optimization.

Thank you.

Работаем с англоязычными и русскоязычными клиентами (work with English-speaking and Russian-speaking customers)

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1564 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 03:33 PM #5

Nice one!

A couple of questions:

Is it possible to set a quality when using shortpixel? I tried their service but the image quality is not high enough when using lossy compression. The file sizes are extremely small which of course is good, but I'd rather have a bit bigger sized files and good quality - therefore i'm using Jpegmini at the moment who have found a good balance I think - honeslty I hardly see the difference between the original and a jpegmini file, while with shortpixel I see compression everywhere, unless I use PNG but than the filesize is too big.

Concerning resmush.it - I see quality can be chosen but do they also have a algorithm like shortpixel / jpegmini or is this simple old-fashioned JPG compression when using the paid version? Cause I tried the free version but it did not or hardly made my files smaller (free = lossless only).

Thank you for your response! 

As for Shortpixel.com, unfortunately, there is no opportunity to choose the compression level. The 

Resmush.it is a FREE service, max file size = 2Mb. For files more than 2Mb we offer to use shortpixel. This tool is based on several well-known algorithms such as pngquant, jpegoptim, optipng. It allows to reduced until 70%-80% the size of uploaded pictures.

All information you can find here - http://www.resmush.it

Thank you.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:27 PM #6

why is there no image preview in the admin part under product

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 12:32 PM #7

and also frontend 

http://demo.cart-pow...go-2535-tm-wte/

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2218 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:39 PM #8

Thank you for your response! 

As for Shortpixel.com, unfortunately, there is no opportunity to choose the compression level. The 

Resmush.it is a FREE service, max file size = 2Mb. For files more than 2Mb we offer to use shortpixel. This tool is based on several well-known algorithms such as pngquant, jpegoptim, optipng. It allows to reduced until 70%-80% the size of uploaded pictures.

All information you can find here - http://www.resmush.it

Thank you.

Aha - but resmush.it also offers a paid service, with a special lossy compression. So the plugin can not use this?

As for shortpixel, I am actually in touch with them about their quality. If they improve their quality or add another quality option you have a fantastic plugin here. 

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2043 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 12:43 PM #9

Dear friends!

We are glad to introduce you our new Image Optimization add-on that allows to compress images using the external services Resmush.it  and Shortpixel.com within store administration panel.

I suppose the best advertisement of your add-on would be the stats: total image size before optimization vs total images size after optimization.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Flow
  • Members
  • 2218 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 01:13 PM #10

I tested an image (photo with text) and it went from 520kb (JPG 99) to 78kb. Image quality was still very respectable, comparable to about jpg 85.

This add-on is perfect because you can just upload high res images, so employees without any knowledge of optimizing images can also upload without worries.

I'm actually in touch with Shortpixel, they will probably add a super HQ setting so that the quality stays very high (with naturally slightly larger filesize).

I can share the images later if anyone is interested.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1564 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 03:46 PM #11

Dear colleagues, 

We have added examples of the optimized images into the general description of the add-on. 

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1564 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 04:56 PM #12

Dear friends,

We are glad to inform you that the issue with the product images display has been fixed.

Thank you.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 05:05 PM #13

I see bright future for this addon :P

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1564 posts

Posted 20 February 2016 - 08:23 AM #14

I see bright future for this addon :P

Thank you for your positive response  :-)

• Poseidonas
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 12:32 PM #15

I was purchase this product. The service and after sales service are really professional and kind. Thanks for all!!

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1564 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 08:04 AM #16

I was purchase this product. The service and after sales service are really professional and kind. Thanks for all!!

Thank you for your kind words. 

We do our best to make our clients happy.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1564 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 03:56 PM #17

Dear Friends,

We are glad to inform you that we have extended the functionality of the Image Optimization add-on.  Now there is a separate page with all store images is available. These images can be not only optimized, but also sorted, searched, uploaded, downloaded and even converted in some cases.

Please, see details on the official product page.

Thank you.

• Cart-Power
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 1564 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:30 PM #18

Dear friends! 

We are glad to inform you that the Image Optimization add-on has been successfully tested in new CS-Cart 4.3.8.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

• Aletro
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 03:04 AM #19

Interested
I tested an image (photo with text) and it went from 520kb (JPG 99) to 78kb. Image quality was still very respectable, comparable to about jpg 85.

This add-on is perfect because you can just upload high res images, so employees without any knowledge of optimizing images can also upload without worries.

I'm actually in touch with Shortpixel, they will probably add a super HQ setting so that the quality stays very high (with naturally slightly larger filesize).

I can share the images later if anyone is interested.

www.shankara.it | cs-cart v. 3.0.2

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 04:32 PM #20

Cart-Power: would you consider adding serverside image compression tools to this addon? It is possible to achieve similar results as Remush.it, Shortpixel.com, jpegmini.com, etc. using image libraries such as imagemagick. Here is an in-depth article on the subject:

https://www.smashing...th-imagemagick/