• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Will Upgrade Prepare A Restore File Or Should I Do A Backup? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 09:38 PM #1

Upgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.3.5 and I'm guessing it will make minor changes but since we use eBay sync and that has been improved I am going for it.

In the event of any kind of failure the upgrader will notify and offer a rollback option, correct? Will the rollback require a recent backup by server admin or will the CSC updater create a file for the rollback? I will be backing up myself in any event.

Thanks for any insights.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 18928 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 07:38 AM #2

Upgrading from 4.3.4 to 4.3.5 and I'm guessing it will make minor changes but since we use eBay sync and that has been improved I am going for it.

In the event of any kind of failure the upgrader will notify and offer a rollback option, correct? Will the rollback require a recent backup by server admin or will the CSC updater create a file for the rollback? I will be backing up myself in any event.

Thanks for any insights.

Yes, you will receive restore URL on your e-mails during the upgrade. The backup will be created by the upgrade script automatically. But create it manually just in case

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 08:20 PM #3

Yes, you will receive restore URL on your e-mails during the upgrade. The backup will be created by the upgrade script automatically. But create it manually just in case

Thanks for reply. I'm guessing 4.3.4 to 4.3.5 will be a fairly easy upgrade.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11203 posts

Posted 29 January 2016 - 10:29 PM #4

Yes, now that many of the upgrade defects have been resolved from earlier V4 versions.

Note: I would do both a backup of your store/db and also let the upgrade do its own.  I'm not certain if the upgrade backup is partial (only things it expects to change) or full (all files/imagery/db related to the site).

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 04:45 PM #5

Yes, now that many of the upgrade defects have been resolved from earlier V4 versions.

Note: I would do both a backup of your store/db and also let the upgrade do its own.  I'm not certain if the upgrade backup is partial (only things it expects to change) or full (all files/imagery/db related to the site).

Thanks for reply. I did encounter a problem with the upgrade, or at least the PHP system check script that runs before installation commences. After running the script I got a message that timeout value was too low. It had been set to 3600 already but we increased it to 7200. Still got the error. I'm wondering if the error message (which is pasted below) is itself an error in the script and I can just go ahead.

-----------------------------
We DO NOT recommend to start the upgrade on your server.
Close
Your server has wrong PHP script timeout settings. This could be due to restrictions on the PHP set_time_limit function or FastCGI "Timeout" options. We recommend you to contact your hosting provider in order to resolve this issue or contact our tech support team to perform the upgrade for you.

Cancel
-----------------------------

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11203 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 09:13 PM #6

I have not found the script to be accurate in it's detection of what timeout value is at issue.  Given that you have done successful upgrades in the past, I would think you could skip it.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.