Paypal Payment Status Incorrect

The status does not change for the paypal, paypal express or paypal pro payments. This used to work a while ago, then stopped. Then i read a thread that said to shut the shop and delete all the payment methods and addon, clear the cache, add them all again and it all worked again. Recognising the payments. But a few weeks ago it stopped again, again I have tried to fix it but the status stays the same so everyone who has paid gets an email asking for payment because the order stays open rather than paid. I am using versions 4.3.4

I am happy for any suggestion or even payment someone to get it fixed as its not good for the customers.

Looks like IPN is not set up correctly. Please check IPN settings on PayPal side

Hi!

I am experiencing same problem. All orders successfully paid via PayPal remain “Open” and do not change status into “Processed”.

CS-Cart 4.3.5 and PayPal Express Checkout is used.

PayPal configuration: Username, Password, Signature and MerchantID are correct. Shop uses euro currency and Live mode is enabled.

Order Status Convertion Map is as follows:
* PayPal ‘Pending’ or ‘Created’ transactions mapped to CS-Cart ‘Open’ (O) order status;
* PayPal ‘Completed’ or ‘Precessed’ transactions mapped to CS-Cart ‘Processed’ (P) order status.

Inside PayPal Business account IPN is enabled, notification URL points to:
index.php?dispatch=payment_notification.paypal_ipn

PayPal IPN History page shows server responds with ‘200 OK’ status to IPN notifications. No errors.
Manually re-sending IPN messages does not change status either.

My access log shows when IPN requests are hit:

173.0.81.1 - - [07/Feb/2016:18:41:06 +0300] “POST /index.php?dispatch=payment_notification.paypal_ipn HTTP/1.0” 200 575 “-” “PayPal IPN ( https://www.paypal.com/ipn )”

I also tried to point IPN notifications to:
index.php?dispatch=payment_notification.return&payment=paypal
with no effect also.

There is no SSL support for this domain.

Payment processor response every time is ‘Accepted, awaiting ipn for processing’ and only TransactionID changes. I am testing with actual payment 0,01 EUR.
TransactionID: 3YR553107S2990000
Accepted, awaiting ipn for processing
(FeeAmount: 0.01, TaxAmount: 0.00, TransactionType: cart, PaymentType: instant)
Please help.

I have exactly the same issue at the moment also. My PayPal transactions are coming through as Complete and not processed which means order status emails aren't being sent as they should.

I have also tried the return URL: index.php?dispatch=payment_notification.return&payment=paypal and am just getting 404 errors so I am guessing the return connection isn't set correctly somewhere.

@bunglehaze

Your issue is different and has nothing common with mine. Moreover, you do not have issue at all, hopefully :)

When you receive 'Complete' status from PayPal, it means your configuration is correct and works fine. Just go to PayPal addon settings and setup Status Conversion Map. If you want CS-Cart to assign 'Processed' order status when PayPal confirms successful payment, just map 'Complete' PayPal notification status to 'Processed' CS-Cart order status.

BTW, There is no point trying return URL in your browser. It will give you 404 errors, as browser makes GET-request, while CS-Cart requires POST-request to process payment_notifications. You can't send specially-formatted POST-request from your browser without special browser plugin, like RESTClient. Don't bother with it unless you are a web-developer.

@bunglehaze

Your issue is different and has nothing common with mine. Moreover, you do not have issue at all, hopefully :)

When you receive 'Complete' status from PayPal, it means your configuration is correct and works fine. Just go to PayPal addon settings and setup Status Conversion Map. If you want CS-Cart to assign 'Processed' order status when PayPal confirms successful payment, just map 'Complete' PayPal notification status to 'Processed' CS-Cart order status.

BTW, There is no point trying return URL in your browser. It will give you 404 errors, as browser makes GET-request, while CS-Cart requires POST-request to process payment_notifications. You can't send specially-formatted POST-request from your browser without special browser plugin, like RESTClient. Don't bother with it unless you are a web-developer.

You get a huge thank you for that! I have been going round in circles since migrating to CS Cart figuring out why PayPal won't process correctly. I have been in and out of every setting in the backend - except addons, I didn't even consider that!

Perhaps now if I can work out why option combinations aren't counting the stock levels I set I may decide to stick with the cart - I have been close to trying another again today through pure frustration.

Anyone is willing to help me solve my issue?

I have exactly the same problem - any solutions yet?

I have not the same trouble but noticed something strange on paypal with CS-Cart 4.3 (that was not the case in previous version of CS-Cart 3) : when a customer choose PAYPAL payment method, if he leave the PAYPAL payment page without paying or cancelling, the order status is O (Open).

I think it's not normal as the order should be considered as INCOMPLETE...

I am still having troubles, after the initial post i changed the IPN and paypal transactions would work and be completed but I still have the same problem as @Pascal where they do not go through with the payment and the order status is open. plus, paypal pro payments all remain open if they pay via credit card... still frustrated

app/addons/paypal/payments/payflow_pro.php

Try to replace:

$paypal_response['order_status'] = 'O';

with

$paypal_response['order_status'] = 'P';

I have noticed one strange thing. On my website while on HTTPS connection IPN worked just fine. Then I had some problems and SSL was not enabled during weekend, even I have updated links in paypal settings from https to http order were comming as Open with absolutely no IPN info.

Here what to check

http://kb.cs-cart.com/secure-connection-failed

And particularly this

http://kb.cs-cart.com/curl-problem

if curl fails on your site then IPN will not work. My problem was CDN, my hosing had CloudFlare enabled for my site.

PS

Also check admin panel > order statuses > Open make sure inventory level Decreases and not Increases amount, it is very important.

Hi!

I am experiencing same problem. All orders successfully paid via PayPal remain "Open" and do not change status into "Processed".

CS-Cart 4.3.5 and PayPal Express Checkout is used.

PayPal configuration: Username, Password, Signature and MerchantID are correct. Shop uses euro currency and Live mode is enabled.

Order Status Convertion Map is as follows:
* PayPal 'Pending' or 'Created' transactions mapped to CS-Cart 'Open' (O) order status;
* PayPal 'Completed' or 'Precessed' transactions mapped to CS-Cart 'Processed' (P) order status.

Inside PayPal Business account IPN is enabled, notification URL points to:
index.php?dispatch=payment_notification.paypal_ipn

PayPal IPN History page shows server responds with '200 OK' status to IPN notifications. No errors.
Manually re-sending IPN messages does not change status either.

My access log shows when IPN requests are hit:

173.0.81.1 - - [07/Feb/2016:18:41:06 +0300] "POST /index.php?dispatch=payment_notification.paypal_ipn HTTP/1.0" 200 575 "-" "PayPal IPN ( https://www.paypal.com/ipn )"
I also tried to point IPN notifications to:
index.php?dispatch=payment_notification.return&payment=paypal
with no effect also.

There is no SSL support for this domain.

Payment processor response every time is 'Accepted, awaiting ipn for processing' and only TransactionID changes. I am testing with actual payment 0,01 EUR.
TransactionID: 3YR553107S2990000
Accepted, awaiting ipn for processing
(FeeAmount: 0.01, TaxAmount: 0.00, TransactionType: cart, PaymentType: instant)
Please help.

Yes, same issue here.

I have reported in another thread too, but this thread seems more recent. I am receiving the money though. Other experiences are:

- Received paypal money, but order status is incomplete (status == 'N')

- Generally the status remains open. Where in the admin settings can you configure the paypal -> cscart status mapping?

Cheers,

I have this problem too... anyone figured it out yet?

It actually used to work fine, hadn't touched the paypal settings in a long time, but the problem started about 6-8 weeks ago when I made a change to the status map... which appears to be what triggered it to 'break'. I tried completely removing and reinstalling the paypal add-in hoping it would revert to it's old behavior by default, but it didn't.

I am having trouble with a client's site version 4.3.9 where order statuses are not working properly. For example... a customer purchases a product successfully in Paypal then on return to the site they are shown an error such as 'payment processor declined' 'customer cancelled'... BUT, the orders are actually processed and complete within Paypal. Here is a screenshot of the debug w/some errors in the sql.. I am a designer not a programmer but have some cs cart knowledge. Please let me know if anyone has ideas.