Adding Image Name (Image Pair?) Formula With Open Office Or Ms Office

So I have my product images attached to my product's, but will take 10 years to go through all of them an add the image title (not sure the correct name, but the block below the image on the admin product area when you are editing it). I can't quite figure out the correct formula in Open Office or MS Office to do this. All of the images have a different name, so it is not as simple as having a formula that counts X numbers to the right before it inserts something. Anyone ever figured this out?? Thanks

So I have my product images attached to my product's, but will take 10 years to go through all of them an add the image title (not sure the correct name, but the block below the image on the admin product area when you are editing it). I can't quite figure out the correct formula in Open Office or MS Office to do this. All of the images have a different name, so it is not as simple as having a formula that counts X numbers to the right before it inserts something. Anyone ever figured this out?? Thanks

The optional image name is appended to the end of the detailed image URL.

exim/backup/images/173283_0113298267324f438bac97eaf.jpg#{[en]:imagename;}

you could export you image table and use a formula to append the name to the end of the urls before importing it again. It is quite simple to do.

How many products are you talking about and where are you going to get the optional image name info from?

Alan

Yeah that is what I am referring to. I can't figure out a formula that basically counts 2 characters to the left from the end of that string. I can get them to go to the right X amount of spaces before inserting the image name, but all of my image names are different sizes so that would not work. I am basically putting the product name and what game system it is for. Probably 10,000+ products.

Yeah that is what I am referring to. I can't figure out a formula that basically counts 2 characters to the left from the end of that string. I can get them to go to the right X amount of spaces before inserting the image name, but all of my image names are different sizes so that would not work. I am basically putting the product name and what game system it is for. Probably 10,000+ products.

can you post and example of what you are trying to

Ok, this is how I might handle this.

I would put all my image strings in a new sheet in cell A1,

In cell B1 I would use this string to remove the last two characters =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-2)

in cell C1 put =B1

in cell D1 Add them all back together =C1&E1&F$1

in cell E1 I would put my image names testimagename

In cell F1 I would put the missing character that i removed ;}

Your new string with the image name added is now in cell D1 cut and past special this as text back into your product sheet.

I have not spent much time on this,

All you have to do is drag the formulas in B1, C1 and D1 down and add the imagename into row E,

You only need to add the missing characters in cell F1 as the formula will always look in that cell. or you can just have the formula =C1&E1&F1 without the $ sign and drag that down as well.

You could play around with batch exporting only product from a certain game system, you could then put in a field with the game system name and add it to the mix. All you would have to do is add the product name.

This could be done via an excel form.

Hope this helps, feel free to ask any questions or PM me an email address and I will send you the excel sheet.

Alan

This will make it a lot easier. http://forum.cs-cart.com/topic/37105-add-auto-product-title-as-alt-tag-to-empty-images-alt-tag/

Yes this will make it simpler if you want the alt tag the same as the product image name. But that is not the question that was asked in this string.

He want to have the alt tags as a mix of the a game name and the system that the game runs on. I assumed that this would not be the same as the actual product name.

Alan

Thanks, I will try to get to that this evening and check it out, if it does not work, I will post a sample code for ya.

Thanks, I will try to get to that this evening and check it out, if it does not work, I will post a sample code for ya.

What I posted does work as I have it done on a spread sheet and tested. I can email you a copy if you PM me.

Alan

Yes this will make it simpler if you want the alt tag the same as the product image name. But that is not the question that was asked in this string.

He want to have the alt tags as a mix of the a game name and the system that the game runs on. I assumed that this would not be the same as the actual product name.

Alan

That is not correct. The link I referred will show the product name (can also be modified) as the image alt and not the image name. I also do not see where the OP specified what they wanted to use as the image alt. Sorry for trying to make life easier. Carry on.

That is not correct. The link I referred will show the product name (can also be modified) as the image alt and not the image name. I also do not see where the OP specified what they wanted to use as the image alt. Sorry for trying to make life easier. Carry on.

This is were the poster stated what they wanted to do

I can get them to go to the right X amount of spaces before inserting the image name, but all of my image names are different sizes so that would not work. I am basically putting the product name and what game system it is for. Probably 10,000+ products.

Your solution does work and puts the product name as the alt tag,

So this will help the poster as he wants to put a mix of the product name and the game system it is for as the alt tag.

So he could implement your solution and then export the products and use my solution to add the additional info "system Name" to the alt tag.

Job done