• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Manual Upgrade Procedure. Rate Topic   - - - - -

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:55 PM #41

That error is saying that the column "type" already exists in the table which is true ("type" is the last field in the table).

When are you getting this error? That query is not included in the database.sql file for the 135-s2 to 135.sp3 upgrade.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• ecb1
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:56 PM #42

when I paste the database.sql text into the sql box and hit go.
I am upgrading from 1.3.5 using the upgrade from 1.3.5 - 1.3.5SP3
v 2.0.12

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:28 PM #43

Gotcha.

That query is on line 39 of the database.sql file for 135 to 135-sp3 upgrade. Since the column has already been created, you can just copy and paste starting at the next query (UPDATE `cscart_payment_processors` SET type = 'C' WHERE checkout = 'Y';) through the end of the database.sql file.

It sounds like you have run this upgrade multiple times and some of the queries have already been done. If you run into additional errors, you can just look at the table involved and determine if that query has already been done. If it has, start with the next query.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• ecb1
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:43 PM #44

Thank you jobosales, appreciate you taking the time to help me. looks like that did the trick, so far so good! Hopefully I won't have any more issues... :)

Your SQL query has been executed successfully!

v 2.0.12

• ecb1
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:50 PM #45

...edit.......
v 2.0.12

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:08 PM #46

You are really close.

Just to make sure, did you run post_upgrade.php after your SQL updates?

You need to copy you the /images directory from your live store to your new store.

It looks like you may also made some changes to styles.css in for your skin - you will need to apply those changes to your new store as well as any other changes you have made to your TPL files.

Let us know if you need more help.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• ecb1
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:15 PM #47

yep, ran post_grade.php and it said it was successful :)

ok I will copy the images files.

I'm just not sure what tpl chages I made, is there an easy way to check this? i made many of the changes myself, but a programmer who originially sold me cs-cart made some initial changes too. (they actually sold me cs-cart and billed it as their own proprietary cart software under a different name, but thats a whole different story in itself!)

again, i'm a total novice at all of this and do everything little panful change through trial and error, so my apologies for all of the basic questions. thanks again
v 2.0.12

• mdekok3000
  • Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:28 PM #48

Just see if you can remember the modifications you made to your store by memory or by comparing it to an unaltered version (different color) of the same skin.

Then reapply the same modifications.

I keep all changes and instructions in a folder so that I can make them again if another version were to come out.
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:31 PM #49

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to check for changes made to the TPL files. At this point, your best bet is to run a diff of an unmodified version 1.3.5 against the files for your live store (excluding your images).

If you do not have a diff tool, you can download a trial version of Beyond Compare (www.scootersoftware.com) if you are running Windows. You can use the directory comparison feature to identify files which have changed and then click into those files to review and merge changes, as appropriate.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• ecb1
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:36 PM #50

ok thanks. i will start keeping a log of all the changes for future references/upgrades, thanks for the tips.

luckily, I havent made too many changes.
v 2.0.12

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:41 PM #51

* I notice when I click the links, I get an error, because the links direct to the full path which includes the primary domain of nybodyboarding.com but if I back that domain out, and add a .com after eastcoastbodyboards, it appears to be identital to the live shop

example: if I click on "About US" it brings me to this link: http://nybodyboardin...ur-company.html

if I delete the nybodyboarding and add a .com to eastcoastbodyboards, it fixes it and loks identical to my original, live shop... like this: http://eastcoastbody...ur-company.html

I have a feeling the subdomain is the source of my problem but not sure how to fix it. Any advice?

Review that paths in config.php for the new store to make sure they match your directory structure to the new store.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• ecb1
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:07 AM #52

v 2.0.12

• ecb1
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:30 AM #53

v 2.0.12

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:49 AM #54

I'm now unable to login to the admin panel and am receiving these errors at the top of the admin.php page:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/eastcoastbodyboards/new_store/core/skins.php:50) in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/eastcoastbodyboards/new_store/core/fn_common.php on line 2062

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/eastcoastbodyboards/new_store/core/skins.php:50) in /home/xxxxxx/xxxxxxxx/eastcoastbodyboards/new_store/core/fn_common.php on line 2062

SELECTED SKIN NOT FOUND. REPLACED BY FIRST FOUND

Review your config.php and make sure you do not have any trailing spaces (most likely in one of the lines you changed for domain and directory).

We will get this sorted first and then address the other issues.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• ecb1
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:14 AM #55

I don't see any trailing spaces. I also tried reverting back to the original config.php file settings and still had the same problem.

*EDIT - I used the password recovery and clicked on the link in the email that was sent, and it gave me access to the admin panel. very strange, perhaps I wasn't waiting long enough (10 seconds) to be re-directed into the admin panel, who knows).

ok so i am now able to access admin panel, but still saw that selected skin error on the top of the page. I had it set to pink originally and it is now blue, so I went to skin selector and the admin skin was set to the default blue, i hit save, and that seemed to get rid of that error altogther.

problem solved i guess? :)

ok so any idea why none of the changes were applied to the homepage, but they do appear to have been made on all other pages?

homepage: http://www.eastcoast...s.com/new_store

category page: http://www.eastcoast...g-flippers.html
v 2.0.12

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:20 AM #56

In the Admin are, hit the link on the right side to "Cleanup templates cache" then try looking at the customer side again. I suspect there is still a problem with the domain and subdirectory.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• ecb1
  • Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:24 AM #57

ok just did that but didnt seem to change anything.

FWIW, i see the graphic banner ad in the manage ads section (NYBB ad on the right column), but it is not visible on the main page. but again it is visible on the category pages, etc
v 2.0.12

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:32 AM #58

There still appears to be a problem with the way your domain and directories are configured. The homepage with the pink category menus appears to be your new site while the black/grey menus is your old site.

The reason the ad is missing from your new site is because ad placement is now controlled using the Listmania feature - but let get to that later.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• jobosales
  • Members
  • 3114 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:40 AM #59

Just had a thought. Check the RewriteBase in your .htaccess file for the new store. It is possible that your .htaccess file for the old site is also interfering with the new site.

Bob
CS-Cart 2.0.14 (testing)

• mdekok3000
  • Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:52 AM #60

The reason the ad is missing from your new site is because ad placement is now controlled using the Listmania feature - but let get to that later.

I know why too.

Here is a piece of my banner rotator mod:

{if $settings.Addons.ads == 'Y'}
       {include file="addons/ads/random_ads.tpl" location="R" show_order="A"}
    {/if}

locations: L (Left), C (Center), ® Right
show_order: B (Before), A (After)

Here is what it looked like in 1.3.5 SP2

{if $settings.Addons.ads == 'Y'}
       {include file="addons/ads/ads.tpl" location="R" show_order="A"}
    {/if}

In 1.3.5 SP3, these are gone, but I noticed that the files were still there. You can add these back to customer/main.tpl and Manage Ads should be usable again.
[SIZE=2]
[/SIZE]