• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Or Item Number? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• shamol
  • Trial users
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 07:15 AM #21

Why don't you just export your product first and include the product_id in your exported data.  You can then use it as you need.  But note that imports are "keyed" on the product_code, not the product_id.  You might want to review this thread: https://forum.cs-car...ill be created.

Currently I do the same but it takes time when I can do this job more faster if I know ID. I need spend time to export it and then see ID instead of just have a look id on manage page and start editing options based on the id.

What regarding using product code instead of product id I checked that product id is in priority then code. For example i put an item with code "SKU0001", and cs-cart assign to this item its unique ID. Then I create product_combinations_general file where I should put ID. And then options will link with item. Hope I was clear in explanation of the problem )

Thank you.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11764 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 05:55 PM #22

If you want, you can look in the admin url of the product you're editing/viewing and the product_id will be in the URL parameters.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11764 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 06:02 PM #23

Create a file named: design/backend/templates/addons/my_changes/hooks/products/update_product_code.post.tpl

In that file, add this code:

<div class="control-group">
  <label class="control-label" for="elm_product_id">{__("product_id")}:</label>
  <div class="controls">
    <span id="elm_product_id">{$product_data.product_id}</span>
  </div>
</div>

And then clear your cache.  NOT TESTED

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.