• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Upgrade Failure 4.3.3 -> 4.3.3Sp1 Validation Issue Rate Topic   - - - - -

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 11:40 AM #1

I had just started the upgrade from 4.3.3 to 4.3.3S1 when I realized I did not have my license, so I went to my help desk account to retrieve it. When I got back to the upgrade page the upgrade had completely stopped so I clicked the upgrade button again and immediately got this error message:

Validation issue

Validator "Restore" returned fail status

Unable to prepare restore.php file. File "var/upgrade/restore.php" was locally modified/renamed/removed.

Restore the original restore.php file before the upgrade.

I logged out and replaced the file from my downloaded backup copy of the site and still get the error.

What do I do to eliminate the error and complete the upgrade? Is there some edit I can make to restore.php file?

I never got to the point of entering ftp user name and license key. Shouldn't I just be able to restart the process or will I have to restore my backup and begin again? I should mention that the site seems to be working fine so hopefully an incomplete upgrade was not performed.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

Thanks for any insights.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19844 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:15 AM #2

Dear Tom,

Please check solutions here:

http://forum.cs-cart...2828#entry22828

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3809 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:45 PM #3

I had just started the upgrade from 4.3.3 to 4.3.3S1 when I realized I did not have my license, so I went to my help desk account to retrieve it. When I got back to the upgrade page the upgrade had completely stopped so I clicked the upgrade button again and immediately got this error message:

Validation issue

Validator "Restore" returned fail status

Unable to prepare restore.php file. File "var/upgrade/restore.php" was locally modified/renamed/removed.

Restore the original restore.php file before the upgrade.

I logged out and replaced the file from my downloaded backup copy of the site and still get the error.

What do I do to eliminate the error and complete the upgrade? Is there some edit I can make to restore.php file?

I never got to the point of entering ftp user name and license key. Shouldn't I just be able to restart the process or will I have to restore my backup and begin again? I should mention that the site seems to be working fine so hopefully an incomplete upgrade was not performed.

Thanks for any help.

Tom

The problem requires examination on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record  link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:29 PM #4

The problem requires examination on your server. Please contact us via Customer Help Desk and provide temporary access to your server by clicking on the Add record  link on the Access information page of your Help Desk account so that we could examine the issue.

Thanks for reply. I did contact support. Timur solved the problem and updated us to 4.3.4.

Thanks for any insights.

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:32 PM #5

Dear Tom,

Please check solutions here:

http://forum.cs-cart...2828#entry22828

Thanks. Glad to see the problem was not unique to us.

Thanks for any insights.

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3809 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 01:38 PM #6

Thanks for reply. I did contact support. Timur solved the problem and updated us to 4.3.4.

We're pleased to help you!

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation