• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Ebay Synchronization Add-On: Improvements And New Features Rate Topic   - - - - -

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 09:01 PM #61

Can we get some sort of update on this addon?  Been what, almost 2 years now since it has been released and still useless.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3248 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:12 AM #62

I second that. Not being able to set worldwide postage makes a lot of extra work...

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:37 PM #63

I apologize for not replying to this sooner, and for the general lack of news about eBay add-on.

Recently we have been focusing our efforts on CS-Cart 4.4.1. That version will include the two most requested features (editing email notifications and invoices/packing slips), and we want to make those features available to a wider audience as soon as possible.

However, we haven't forgotten about eBay: I do monitor the feedback in this topic and pass your suggestions and requests to the developers. We have an internal tracking mechanism, so those suggestions aren't lost with time. As soon as there are any news on eBay add-on development, I'll let you know.

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 03:50 AM #64

There is always some excuse as to why the eBay addon is not being worked on.  

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3248 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:34 AM #65

This is expensive and paid addon, why cant cs-cart afford to have at least few people who would hear customers and work constantly on it to make it complete as it should be.

• ikoshkin
  • Tech Writer
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:42 PM #66

The inner workings of the eBay Sync add-on are quite complicated (the same goes for eBay API), so any change to the add-on may require a lot of other changes. For example, before we add the export of international shipping methods, we have to rework the way the data is loaded from eBay.

When we assign tasks to developers, we consider the demand for a certain feature and the time it would take to implement it. That's why we are focused on email and invoice template editor at the moment, even though these tasks are quite time-consuming.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3248 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 12:49 PM #67

I can assure you that probably 90% of users sell their products to ebay.com and only smaller parts to local markets. Only tiny percentage sell ebay.com without shipping to worldwide.. Maybe you should better make more proper study before wasting expensive coding staff time..

I bought ebay addon first time Oct 17, 2014, now only few months left to 2017 and addon pretty much did not change functionality since then. Anyone who actually relay on ebay sales I think left already to other marketplaces from cs-cart..

I know I sound most time very negative :) but really, since cs-cart started merchium thing it feels as if cs-cart team would consist of ~5 person and any changes takes years to be processed, even roadmap does not change. On 2x cart all was looking very promising and every release was very exiting and much waited...

Why would cs-cart bother to code ebay addon at all? Why not just freelance someone from forum smart people..

The inner workings of the eBay Sync add-on are quite complicated (the same goes for eBay API), so any change to the add-on may require a lot of other changes. For example, before we add the export of international shipping methods, we have to rework the way the data is loaded from eBay.

When we assign tasks to developers, we consider the demand for a certain feature and the time it would take to implement it. That's why we are focused on email and invoice template editor at the moment, even though these tasks are quite time-consuming.

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 09:37 PM #68

I don't mind paying for the eBay addon, but I do mind paying $100+ for a broken addon that does nothing but waste time.  I feel like we, the ones who have purchased it, have basically been robbed of our money.  I am on the edge now of purchasing another ecommerce platform that already has an eBay addon, because enough is enough.  Two years now, and the thing is still useless.  Every other major cart out there, and even some of the smaller ones have eBay integration already.  Not sure why a larger cart such as CS-Cart can't seem to figure this out.    

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 12:17 AM #69

The inner workings of the eBay Sync add-on are quite complicated (the same goes for eBay API), so any change to the add-on may require a lot of other changes.

I can well imagine. The current ebay Seller interface is a shambles with the way Options Variations are handled is a shambles.

While its true that many of the "smaller" ecommerce softs do offere ebay integration, Ive tested a few an found these to also to be very lacking. Theres hosted $99/month subscriptions like Neto that seem to work well, but they dont also offer Multistore, so thats out.

I can assure you that probably 90% of users sell their products to ebay.com and only smaller parts to local markets

Dont know about the percentage, but we certainly rely on ebay , not only for direct sales but for SEO and physical redirection of customers to our other product. eBay has lost a lot of SE rating in recent times but (sadly) some of our customers wont buy from any other online store than eBay.

Personally I would not mind paying 10x the cost for CScart and the Ebay addon if it would work properly.

Theres a few fundimental mechanisms within cscart that hold it back..... sad because the cs team seem to put a lot of effort into making the admin easy to use.

Ive updated a few of my licenses recently, and I am hoping the ebay addon and the way the Options/Combinations are handled, will be fixed soon.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1000 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 08:43 PM #70

can the ebay buyer protection be enabled by product export or is this set somewhere else

• Qbasix
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:03 AM #71

Based on the feedback here the Ebay addon seems to be broken and useless.

But is it really? What functions are broken or what are the actual issues?

We do not have many product options/combinations, but we do ship worldwide.

Would it be fine for simple products or still wouldn't work?

We have over 1500 items and will soon have double that on CS Cart, and want an easy way to export these to EBay and keep them in sync.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3248 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 05:40 AM #72

to enable worldwide postage you will have to revise manually products in ebay one by one.. When you do this and want to make changes to products from cs-cart shop you will not be able to do that or it will override you changes done on ebay..

If you are from US and post only to US this addon may work.

We have over 1500 items and will soon have double that on CS Cart, and want an easy way to export these to EBay and keep them in sync.

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2047 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 06:42 AM #73

Qbasix,

it's working, but there is not ability to automatically set international shippings.

You can try it yourself - I think this is the right way. We can give you a trial license for testing. Just contact sales department using this form: https://www.cs-cart....nd-message.html

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1000 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:38 AM #74

Qbasix,

it's working, but there is not ability to automatically set international shippings.

You can try it yourself - I think this is the right way. We can give you a trial license for testing. Just contact sales department using this form: https://www.cs-cart....nd-message.html

hello,

is there a possibility to connect internal page containt lawful information and attach the text under product description.

policy  information...

i can attach some product screenshots from ebay containt such info.

best wishes

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2047 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 06:26 AM #75

hello,

is there a possibility to connect internal page containt lawful information and attach the text under product description.

policy  information...

i can attach some product screenshots from ebay containt such info.

best wishes

Hi demeldoo,

You can not achieve this with default functionality,

Code modification is required.

Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3248 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 07:53 AM #76

Please Imac put some attention once again to this addon. Even International shipping service is specified worldwide delivery is not enabled on listing meaning every single one needs to be manually update on ebay. Sort this out asap.

Hi demeldoo,

You can not achieve this with default functionality,

Code modification is required.

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:08 AM #77

Yeah.  I am not going to go through and manually edit each item on eBay.  Might as well just do it all on eBay by itself, would be just as easy.  This is getting kinda pathetic. 

• parodius420
  • Members
  • 611 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 09:26 PM #78

Another 2 months...nothing.   When is CS-Cart going to take the next step that a ton of other cart software has already taken a long time ago?  

• remoteone
  • Members
  • 707 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:47 PM #79

I dont know about anyone else but we have found that eBay is loseing ground in google page ranking.

Perhaps a more holistic approach to multi-channel marketing is to have a sort of interface between the cscart sotware and the aditional channel.

Ive seen one other cart that will dealt with the shipping methods by using a x-refernce table.

Anyway, I believe from what Ive read in other posts, that the Option Combinations mechanism is sceduled to be re-written in csc v5. This will allow the ebay addon to be updated to easily handle item options and combinations.. Im hanging on for the major update of v5 and have been putting off moving my v2 cart to the latest version partly due to wanting the ebay addon etc fixed before installing too many third party.addons.

Maybe someone could confirm this via a roadmap?

PS IMHO cscart should stop advertising that "All you need is already in the box" ... because its not!

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3248 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 06:09 AM #80

we have found that eBay is loseing ground in google page ranking.

Can you tell more?