Discount By Shipment Location - Paypal Error

Am trying to offer a discount to customers who are located in certain countries. I managed to somewhat accomplish this by using the tax function, by setting tax as -5% for a custom created 'location'. This reflects the discount correctly in the cart and when checking out.

However, if the customer decides to use PayPal to make payment, I get an error code - 10429. This only happens with a negative tax amount. If I made it +5%, there is no error.

So is there a similar function that allows a discount? Looking at the marketing > promotion options, I couldn't see any Conditions that allows selecting location based discount.

Also note, mine is a FREE version, so I can only apply the Catalog Promotion, and not the Cart Promotion. However, if the Cart Promotion does provide me with a solution, I'd be happy to upgrade.

Thank you.

Am trying to offer a discount to customers who are located in certain countries. I managed to somewhat accomplish this by using the tax function, by setting tax as -5% for a custom created 'location'. This reflects the discount correctly in the cart and when checking out.

However, if the customer decides to use PayPal to make payment, I get an error code - 10429. This only happens with a negative tax amount. If I made it +5%, there is no error.

So is there a similar function that allows a discount? Looking at the marketing > promotion options, I couldn't see any Conditions that allows selecting location based discount.

Also note, mine is a FREE version, so I can only apply the Catalog Promotion, and not the Cart Promotion. However, if the Cart Promotion does provide me with a solution, I'd be happy to upgrade.

Thank you.

Yes, you can create such a discount using cart promotions in default CS-Cart. There are Customer country (shipping), Customer state (shipping) and Customer zip/postal code (shipping) conditions that should do the trick. Also there are several bonuses that you can select if the conditions are met (please have a look at the screen shots attached).

[attachment=10401:Screenshot from 2015-12-02 09:47:04.png]

[attachment=10402:Screenshot from 2015-12-02 09:48:12.png]

Screenshot from 2015-12-02 09:47:04.png

Screenshot from 2015-12-02 09:48:12.png

Yes, you can create such a discount using cart promotions in default CS-Cart. There are Customer country (shipping), Customer state (shipping) and Customer zip/postal code (shipping) conditions that should do the trick. Also there are several bonuses that you can select if the conditions are met (please have a look at the screen shots attached).

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2015-12-02 09:47:04.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot from 2015-12-02 09:48:12.png

Hi,

Thank you so much for your quick response, and detailed answer. Good to know that the Cart Promotion will suit my requirements. I'll go ahead to upgrade my cart, once I've done backing up.