Tick Box That Keeps Ticking Itself

We are having a few issues with a tick box. Its the code which I cannot get my head around. We are trying to get the tickbox on the checkout to be ticked for signing up to our news letters. We would like the box to be automatically ticked, however we say "If you do not want to receive updates about our future offers, please untick this box."

We know the code is in /public_html/design/themes/"themename"/templates/addons/newsletters/hooks/checkout/final_section_customer_notes.post.tpl. We are messing with the final_section_customer_notes.post.tpl file. The contents are below:

{capture name="mailing_lists"}
{assign var="show_newsletters_content" value=false}

{foreach from=$page_mailing_lists item=list}
{if $list.show_on_checkout}
{assign var="show_newsletters_content" value=true}
{/if}

{$list.object}

{/foreach}

{/capture}

{if $show_newsletters_content}
{include file="common/subheader.tpl" title=__("text_signup_for_subscriptions")}

{$smarty.capture.mailing_lists nofilter}
{/if}

I have had a play with this line of code:

{$list.object}

and can get it to tick the box automatically, however when a user unticks this box, the system works and reticks this box. Obviously this is great for boosting out mailing list, however this is not authorising us to contact these customers. Does anyone know how to change this code to auto tick the box and when a used clicks this box, it stays unticked?

Anyone???

We have made the necessary corrections. Please check

Hi,

I am actually looking to do this.

Did you find any way to do it ?
Can you please explain how to do it ?

Try to replace

{$list.object}

with

{$list.object}

Thanks it's perfect :)

Thanks it's perfect :)

You are welcome!

You are welcome!

eComLabs, do you have solution for "tick box" on Order Management side. Everytime we try to save the order, the "tick box" for Notify customer and Nofity Admin is there and unless we unselect them, it emails everybody. Your input would be appreciated.

eComLabs, do you have solution for "tick box" on Order Management side. Everytime we try to save the order, the "tick box" for Notify customer and Nofity Admin is there and unless we unselect them, it emails everybody. Your input would be appreciated.

/design/backend/templates/common/select_popup.tpl

You can use the hook select_popup:notify_checkboxes.

The tool is right. Remove the checked="checked" part of code with hook or directly in the template. But please note that this template is used on many pages in the admin panel