• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Out Of Stock Actions - Sign Up For Notification Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:11 PM #1

Hello,

I have been setting up the Out of Stock actions for various produts (without options) in my admin - I can see that if a customer checks the "send me an email when back in stock" option, their email is stored in the Subscribers tab of that product.

My question - once I change the stock level from ZERO to a positive value, does an automated email go out or should I be manually emailing that customer?

If it is automated, then those emails are not working - where should I go to fix the problem?

Kind regards

Phil Holding

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 03:47 PM #2

I have tested this option and it works automatically. Check your email settings in the admin panel or check junk folder.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22931 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:48 AM #3

If it is automated, then those emails are not working - where should I go to fix the problem?

If you do not change the amount in stock directly in the database, the system will send notifications automatically. If it does not work. please contact CS-Cart support team

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 1210     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 4025     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 1459      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1681 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:14 AM #4

If you are changing the amount with a third party script or have products with variants and want to use the back in stock notifications this back in stock add-on will be useful.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• editaweb
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:30 AM #5

Hi,

i've enable "sign up for notification" but it is not applied to products tracked with options... how can i do?

I've some options like "size" and i want manage the availability notification for single option... is possible?

Thanks

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22931 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 03:21 PM #6

I am afraid, this is not possible on the clean CS-Cart installation. Additional code modifications are required

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 1210     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 4025     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 1459      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• ThomH
  • Members
  • 1681 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 08:47 AM #7

Hi,

i've enable "sign up for notification" but it is not applied to products tracked with options... how can i do?

I've some options like "size" and i want manage the availability notification for single option... is possible?

Thanks

Is not supported in cs-cart, a possible solution in post #4.

WebGraphiq offers a wide range of professionally developed, ready to use CS-Cart add-ons to provide additional functionality and boost your sales. The oldest active CS-Cart add-on development team. -- Since 2006 --

CS-CART ADD-ONS | FREE QUOTE | CS-CART DEVELOPMENT | @webgraphiq

• Mtech
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 12:12 PM #8

After re-stocking and notification email is sent, does CS Cart clear-out the subscriber emails for this product from database?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22931 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 02:06 PM #9

After re-stocking and notification email is sent, does CS Cart clear-out the subscriber emails for this product from database?

yes, subscribers are deleted from the database

• Mtech
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:16 PM #10

Thank you @eComLabs. You're an asset to this community.

Is there a way to find these email addresses, after they're deleted? Are they recorded anywhere?

I will suggest to CS-Cart to update this Subscriber feature by adding option to archive our non-registered and registered customer email addresses, instead of deleting them.

There will be instances where they miss "in-stock" email notification and have to be reminded again.   

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22931 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:01 AM #11

No, you cannot find email addresses after they are deleted. In order to disable deletion you can open the app/functions/fn.common.php, find the fn_send_product_notifications function and delete the following line of code

db_query("DELETE FROM ?:product_subscriptions WHERE product_id = ?i", $product_id);