• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Is There No Company Registration And Vat Number In Cs-Cart? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:55 AM #61

Ah, here you are absolutely right.

You're again mixing apples and bananas ;) I'm talking about of seller data which ismisding and required.

What I have in my store is I modified invoice.tpl in

design/backend/mail/templates/orders

Below

{hook name="orders:invoice_company_info"}

put

{__("my_company_data")}

Now create new lang variable

http://demo.cs-cart....es.translations

named "my_company_data"

and fill there all data like

Pet Store LLC
Some Street 1
UK

IBAN...
REG ID
VAT ID

and anything you want..

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:58 AM #62

Thank you. But it has to be built in the system. Its standard.it's basic bookeping. Let them hire someone and resolve the sit.
Regards

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:58 AM #63

I have modified this even further, made conditions for example

Below

{hook name="orders:invoice_order_status_info"}
{if $doc_id_text}{$doc_id_text}{else}{__("proforma_title")}{/if}

What this does that if order is not paid in document title say its a proforma and as you know proforma has no legal power, once order is marked as paid its named as commercial VAT invoice.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:00 AM #64

You're forced to use this ;) i know invoices are not invoices in cs cart and cant be used; )

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:02 AM #65

They will surly will not consult as how it should be.. They can just create a tool so you can put anything you want to..

Thank you. But it has to be built in the system. Its standard.it's basic bookeping. Let them hire someone and resolve the sit.
Regards

And they are doing it now, as imac said they are making now invoice editor. I am sure they will make editable invoices. Best would be as I said earlier make a layout for invoice + templates, all invoice data to be moved edited as any html block.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:03 AM #66

So it's done in presta. I have posted the image yesterday ;)

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:07 AM #67

Only question is : What does the customer thinks when he gets the invoice? What will he tax inspector say? Missing tax rates, total tax....who sold this? Where is the info?

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:09 AM #68

It real life you cannot assign tax exempt to a company, sure you can tax exempt it but you have to monitor if company is vat registered constantly, before and after each purchase, because if tax office would check and find out that company who received merchandise became not vat registered in transit time, company who sent goods would pay tax out of their pocket..

You have to send proof that you're company and tax registered and then a tax extempt is assigned to user or to user group. So it works in acctual life ; )

I have attempted some purchase in behalf of the company from UK while asking to extempt tax as both companies are vat registered. Seller refused to do this, he said pay tax and claim it back from your tax office back. My accountant said that you need to be devastated for this products if you are going to do this pain in butt process..

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:12 AM #69

You're right. This is not trivial as some people think. Feature should be fixed and updated for people how needs this.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:13 AM #70

Well according to tbirnseth they are quite happy without taxes in US.. cs-cart is more orientated to US market then EU..

Only question is : What does the customer thinks when he gets the invoice? What will he tax inspector say? Missing tax rates, total tax....who sold this? Where is the info?

Basically default cs-cart invoice is no good for EU seller at all, luckily code is rather easy modified.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:17 AM #71

Not setting taxes or general tax extempt if fitting for them. I don't see the problem. The only thing we need the 0 tax presentatuon. Cs team and us sellers have to be carefull. If they dont have taxes font set ut. If you have tax extempt use it
If you have 0 tax. Calculate it ;)

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:19 AM #72

It's the same thing everwhere. Rate is a rate. Probably some people here aren't registered tax payers ;)

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3531 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:37 AM #73

Most likely this results in less sales of cs-cart platform. If developers think today customer asks for something or explains they are wrong, if cart is unusable to make sales in Europe who the heck needs it and silently go elsewhere..

It's the same thing everwhere. Rate is a rate. Probably some people here aren't registered tax payers ;)

I have this question for many years, how on earth people makes sales and bookkeeping using default out of the box cscart.. My answer is simple I have paid 5 times cost of the cs-cart to have it done and modified to suite my needs and every upgrade is really painful and pricey for me..

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:42 AM #74

I know you're guys busy with sales so i typed this into google:
us invoice 0% tax

First result :

https://www.iras.gov...ing-Customers/#

Some interesting info:
A tax invoice need not be issued for zero-rated supplies , exempt supplies and deemed supplies or to a non-GST registered customer.

0 tax infi:

https://www.iras.gov...ST--zero-rate-/

It seems that they in us need the same thing we need here. Info,rates,tax,sum of tax, date of invoice bla bla ;)

But as I have suggested hire an expert.
Best wishes
Dzemal

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:51 AM #75

We're stuck together :P I belive cs cart has enormous potential. But polishing is esential.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 10:18 AM #76

Most likely this results in less sales of cs-cart platform. If developers think today customer asks for something or explains they are wrong, if cart is unusable to make sales in Europe who the heck needs it and silently go elsewhere..

I have this question for many years, how on earth people makes sales and bookkeeping using default out of the box cscart.. My answer is simple I have paid 5 times cost of the cs-cart to have it done and modified to suite my needs and every upgrade is really painful and pricey for me..

Can you confirm the following rules?

But the reverse charge to be fulfilled eu company needs vat number in everu country where sales would happen.

Please also don't mix reverse charge 0% and the standard 0% tax for products. ;)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12076 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:06 PM #77

Don't setup taxes if you don't need it...

Yep and don't arbitrarily add things like 0% to an invoice if taxes are not present or applicable to the transaction.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12076 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:30 PM #78

@Darius,

Well according to tbirnseth they are quite happy without taxes in US.. cs-cart is more orientated to US market then EU..

That's a bit of a misquote.  Taxes are critical for most of the US (Oregon is one of 3 states without sales tax).  There are very few taxes applied at the federal level in the US that would be taken in an online transaction.  About the only one I can think of that would be sold online is automobile tires. There is a federal tire tax (and many state/local taxes related to automobile staples) but I would guess that it is never tax exempt and is usually embedded in the price and rarely separately reported.

Many merchants have stated, county and city taxes that are all calculated separately and applied based on shipping destination.  Whether some or all can be tax exempt is a 50 question (1 per state) and countless county and local tax agencies.  Note too that exemption may apply at one tax authority and not others.  That's why I think that having the exemption based on usergroup at the tax level is the way to go.

My point is that not all countries have VAT type tax (GST in Canada) and so hard wiring an ecommerce system to any specific type of taxation is not appropriate.   Support for a global ecommerce system either needs to account for and correctly handle tax "configurations" properly both in amounts and invoice reporting or it needs to support the raw data and leave the reporting to addon developers (or merchants themselves) and provide access to the data so that tax packages can be provided as an addon feature for each jurisdiction that is outside the "standards supported".

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:40 PM #79

Yep and don't arbitrarily add things like 0% to an invoice if taxes are not present or applicable to the transaction.

I absolutly understand your need to bot use or calcualte taxes. But you have also to understand that i and some other coubtries have 0% tax for products. Universal solution should be found.

Mandatory data presentatio . for states and us is almost the same.

Confirmed scenario is more complex issuse and has to be solved probably with an addon. I only added this info. To show how complex the sitation is and the curremt system is useles. I'm looking at this for 7 years... unresolved, non standard, awful solution.

Something needs to be done to fit booth markets.

Let the guys check how it's done in presta,magento. Pribably they have a Bookeper somewhere in the basement.

Let's check if he is alive ;)

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12076 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:42 PM #80

It seems that they in us need the same thing we need here. Info,rates,tax,sum of tax, date of invoice bla bla

Your data is not US data.  It is for Canada.  GST (General Service Tax) is a federal Canadian tax.  Shipping from US to Canada will incur GST as a customs duty.

Different tax jurisdictions all have different rules, rates, reporting requirements, etc..

My point(s) are clarified in my previous post.