• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Why Is There No Company Registration And Vat Number In Cs-Cart? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3279 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:20 PM #41

What i wanted to say somekind of final authorization is needed to approve buying without vat. Implications should be avoided. I dont know if the vies systems detects fom where are you comming or...

So lets check how to presta tesolved this

VAT check module available for cs-cart a long time

http://cs-cart.seoni...vat-number.html

As for professional presentation you should better say ability to modify + customize and have unique invoice. I have my invoice.tpl heavily customized because I want to have a unique invoice it is a document remember...

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3279 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:26 PM #42

Not sure how about current cs-cart version but earlier maybe 2x was allowing to choose or request user group. Such user group request could be with admin approval or without selectable.

Requesting say business user group could make extra profile fields visible.

http://demo.cs-cart....e_fields.manage

Extra profile fields could have user group checkbox.

User groups:
All Guest Registered user

It is really good idea because as you say not all are under EU law, not all deal Business to Business or export every day...

Please make anything to do with any kind of taxes configurable to be included or not.  Do NOT put registrant info on profiles unless it is configured to do so by the merchant.

One of the real benefits would be to have a checkbox for "Business account" which could then trigger any registrant info (if applicable) and could also set some thing automatically like residential/commercial shipping location, tax exempt flag (for areas that don't require registrant info to be supplied), etc.

Not everyone is under EU regulation.

• P-Pharma
  • Members
  • 1138 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 05:24 PM #43

A VAT field and a company registration field should be present in CS-Cart by default. For both the customer as the seller.

As Tony suggested: If the customer is a company, then a tickbox for this could activate the fields for VAT and company registration number. This would be very helpful.

If there are standard fields for this then addon developers can reuse this.

A VAT check should be in the core, because it's essential for tax calculation. You can only calculate 0% VAT if both VAT numbers (customer and seller) are checked to be valid.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:20 PM #44

A VAT field and a company registration field should be present in CS-Cart by default. For both the customer as the seller.
As Tony suggested: If the customer is a company, then a tickbox for this could activate the fields for VAT and company registration number. This would be very helpful.
If there are standard fields for this then addon developers can reuse this.

A VAT check should be in the core, because it's essential for tax calculation. You can only calculate 0% VAT if both VAT numbers (customer and seller) are checked to be valid.

You're meaning tax extempt... 0% tax is a tax group. I hope we will stop confusing us with this issue.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 06:23 PM #45

Imac, probalby some improvments on apperance is needed. Complete tax sum is not present on the memo or invoice. I dobt think that something special is needed to be displayed here except the comapny info and the tax number. Tax number which is currently present on documents in the lower part of page where taxes are separated should be removed. Because it's confusing number.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11338 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:32 PM #46

There are state and local taxes in US that tax_exempt should relate to.  Though most don't have the reporting requirements, but some states do.  So it needs to be flexible on how it's implmented and displayed.

But first priority should be to fix tax_exempt so it doesn't charge taxes.  It's currently broken.  And note that there should be a global exemption and the ability to exempt just a specific tax.  Aren't taxes fun? :-)

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11338 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:37 PM #47

Not all fo the world has VAT, PST, GST, etc....  Taxes need to be looked at and managed generically.  Note that many items are also tax exempt at various taxing authorities.  I.e. food, medicine, etc. might be exempt at different levels.  I.e. OTC medication may not be tax exempt but prescription might be exempt from federal tax but not state, etc.

I think using usergroups to identify exempt users for various taxes might be the easiest route to go.  I.e. when you create a tax, you have usergroups that identify exempt.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 09:35 PM #48

Not all fo the world has VAT, PST, GST, etc....  Taxes need to be looked at and managed generically.  Note that many items are also tax exempt at various taxing authorities.  I.e. food, medicine, etc. might be exempt at different levels.  I.e. OTC medication may not be tax exempt but prescription might be exempt from federal tax but not state, etc.

I think using usergroups to identify exempt users for various taxes might be the easiest route to go.  I.e. when you create a tax, you have usergroups that identify exempt.

Dear friend,

You're absolutly right.

Has anyone tested the system without taxes?

How is it working when there are no taxes selected or defined.

Also there are two types of extempt.

1 per product which can be selected and is valid for private and comapnies. Which is not working properly in the current version or any older..

And the other 1 which are we talking here is strict for companies which can be extempt when some rules are fulfiled. 

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 10:02 PM #49

OK

I have managed to find the english version of the pro forma , memo and invoices. 

Download links for MS Word 

Provided documents are legal in the EU and can be used everywhere in the rest of the world.

Second the tax id or number goes basicly with the company information. It should be a field which can be displayed later on documents. Normal apperance is in the footer as on the provided documents.

Here is a example of presta's invoice

Tax rates are separted and displayed by rates and most important total tax is displayed.

Inserting tax number in PS  is done the following way 

You just go to the backend and place the company information,registration id, capital and tax number in the provided footer input box.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11338 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 11:07 PM #50

Right now in current version, tax_exempt in profile works sometimes but not always.  Seems to vary.

I run a no-tax environment (Oregon doesn't have any sales tax and in US we don't have any federal value added tax yet!).

There are no tax lines on my order notifications, invoices, etc. nor do I want there to be one that shows 0% tax.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:01 AM #51

Don't setup taxes if you don't need it...

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3279 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:42 AM #52

Yea but now its impossible to display 0% tax even if you want to..

There are no tax lines on my order notifications, invoices, etc. nor do I want there to be one that shows 0% tax.

If there are no taxes sure you do not display or enable any of it, but in EU that would be possible only for merchant whoose yearly turnover is less then approx 30k$ (this value varies from country to country)..

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3279 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:47 AM #53

I will repeat myself, all of this data is already available in cs-cart it is just a matter of how you modify your invoice.tpl file..

You just want cs-cart to modify whole branch to your absolutely narrow scenario.. What is it intangible digital goods that are sold in two or more tax rates? I think you need custom coding but not made whole branch made to suit your needs..

OK

I have managed to find the english version of the pro forma , memo and invoices. 

Download links for MS Word 

Provided documents are legal in the EU and can be used everywhere in the rest of the world.

Second the tax id or number goes basicly with the company information. It should be a field which can be displayed later on documents. Normal apperance is in the footer as on the provided documents.

Here is a example of presta's invoice

Tax rates are separted and displayed by rates and most important total tax is displayed.

Inserting tax number in PS  is done the following way 

You just go to the backend and place the company information,registration id, capital and tax number in the provided footer input box.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:21 AM #54

I don't need nothing... it's just how it should work. In this way are rking and other systems and it's standard to display taxes,rates,complete sum of tax and 0% tax as regular tax. I hope you guys will consult some economic experts.

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:23 AM #55

And yes. It's not trivial task. There are also digital goods. This refactoring will be painful

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:26 AM #56

Forgot to add about company info,tax id, reg id..stuff which is missing and what acttualy makes invoices generated by cs illegal

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:33 AM #57

I will say one more thing : Please CS team hire some economic consultant for this issuse ;)

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3279 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:36 AM #58

What is company info, tax id and reg id???

It is a text or number or combination of both that are entered in to a field by a customer. Do you want cs-cart to check if all of this data worldwide is valid? Do you want cs-cart to check if customer from some Tanzania company ID is fake or valid???

No?

So why don't you just

http://demo.cs-cart....file_fields.add

a field with label "company info", "tax id" and "reg id" and make those as required fields????

Forgot to add about company info,tax id, reg id..stuff which is missing and what acttualy makes invoices generated by cs illegal

Are those who use quickbooks are illegal also? Some old fashion merchants still hand write invoices...

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:42 AM #59

What is company info, tax id and reg id???

It is a text or number or combination of both that are entered in to a field by a customer. Do you want cs-cart to check if all of this data worldwide is valid? Do you want cs-cart to check if customer from some Tanzania company ID is fake or valid???

No?

So why don't you just
http://demo.cs-cart....file_fields.add
a field with label "company info", "tax id" and "reg id" and make those as required fields????

You're again mixing apples and bananas ;) I'm talking about of seller data which ismisding and required. And how the f... uses checking of vat number? It's done manually. You have to send proof that you're company and tax registered and then a tax extempt is assigned to user or to user group. So it works in acctual life ; )

• mokeshop
  • Members
  • 1001 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:51 AM #60

Worldwide checking :P it was a joke??? ;)

Some guys here need the vies stuff. Probably they are selling a lot nsde eu. Its eu related system