A Little Question About Multi-Store?

I've been using cscart now for years but I only have the standard version not multi-vendor. But this multi-store feature ? what does it enable me to do ?

Could I run completely different stores, say one selling computers and one selling carpets ?

or is really just multi-fronts where for example I could show a destop front or a laptop front or indeed a server front if I sold computers?

There are two things that you may be mixing.

Multi-store allows you to have a common admin for multiple storefronts. Each storefront can have it's own styling, products, categories, etc. But products, categories, etc. are managed in a common back-end. Customers can be shared across storefronts. This is standard cs-cart. You can purchase additional storefront licenses that define how many storefronts you can operate from your single cs-cart license.

Multi-Vendor is a whole different edition of the product. This is for sites that are more like a mall where you have vendors come in and put up their products and manage their products within the framework of your store. All payments go through you so be sure your merchant account will let you sell on behalf of others who deliver and service the products you are selling. Many don't.

Yes I understand the difference between multi-vender. But for me it's confusing about multi-store fronts. But if I need extra licences it doesn't really matter. For me it just added more complexitity to my shopping cart.

I've been using cscart now for years but I only have the standard version not multi-vendor. But this multi-store feature ? what does it enable me to do ?

Could I run completely different stores, say one selling computers and one selling carpets ?

or is really just multi-fronts where for example I could show a destop front or a laptop front or indeed a server front if I sold computers?

Probably this video will give you the main idea what Storefronts are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUam0Puui3M