• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fixed Width 1.3.5 Rate Topic   - - - - -

• mirnitagl
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:07 PM #41

I fixed the body box width in the contact page , now I just need to know where I can change the location of the province/state line and the country line. I want the state/province line to go before the country line, which is rather easy if I only knew where those codes are , and another thing is to make the fill-in line go below the heading name and not next to it, as I have it right now.
Ufff, I don't think I'm explaining myself well :roll: , I hope you get what I mean. My English is a bit rusty these days.

As for the product detail page, I still have the same situation, I did as advised but the problems remain the same. The yellow box that's right next to the photo goes completely out of the center column . Fortunately the description box is fine.

Take a look here:
http://www.electroge...ts&product_id=1

Please, I need some help, anyone:confused: ???

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 12:07 AM #42

As for changing the state before the country, that is pretty easy. Just go into your admin under CMS -- Form Builder and change the positions like:

Original

41 - Country
42 - State/Province

New:

41 - State/Province
42 - Country

When I look at the product page the yellow box looks fine to me, but not the login to add to cart link. It might be my screen resolution or something, but if everything is a fixed width I wouldn't think it would matter.

Brandon

• mirnitagl
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:26 AM #43

Hi! Brandonvd, thanks for your help. I already changed the province and country position line. My , it was very simple, I should have found that one by myself!:mad:

The yellow box is still giving me a headache, take a look at how it looks in my explorer IE6
Posted Image

I thought at the beginning that maybe it was the letters that were too long but no, that's not it, the yellow box is the one that is way too wide. Where can I change the width of that box? :confused:

• Lee Li Pop
  • Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 01:07 PM #44

Hello mirnitagl,

It seems to me your "Por favor registrese..." sentence is too long.

Try to cut it. Or write it with a HTML tag <br /> in the middle.

Lee Li Pop

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:28 PM #45

Ah, I didn't realize you were using IE6. I'm using FF3 so that is why I didn't see the problem. I have no way to check this, but you can change:

skins/you-skin/customer/ie_styles.css

search for:

.product-details-options {
	width: 300px;
	padding: 9px 9px 5px 9px;
}

And change it to:

.product-details-options {
	width: 175px;
	padding: 9px 9px 5px 9px;
}

You migh have to play around with the width, but at least this will give you somewhere to start.

I do also agree with Lee Li Pop with the Please login to add to cart text, I just don't know how to cange it. You might try to change it in you admin -- Languages though. Maybe you can make it 2 lines by adding a <br />

Brandon

• mirnitagl
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 02:59 PM #46

Thank you both for the advices:D . I'll get myself to work now and report on this.
Rephrasing is something I already did in the gift certificate page where I had the same problem and it worked. Unfortunately phrases in Spanish tend to be longer than English phrases.:rolleyes:
That said, I do not think the problem is in the phrase being long or short, but in the yellow box's size.

I'll try the solutions given and let you all know. Thanks!

• mirnitagl
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 04:24 PM #47

All solutioned now! I gave the store a width of 920px and the yellow box a width of 205px. Looks great now, at least in IE6. How do you see it in FF, Brandon?
It was rather funny, I had everyone in my house looking for an shorter equivalent to the phrase in Spanish "Por favor, regístrese para comprar", there was no way! English is a rather synthetic language, whereas Spanish a rather explicative language, not good for short sentences. The only solution we found was to remove "por favor" (please) and that's not too polite, is it? lol :D

Let me take advantage of the opportunity to ask about a few more doubts:

In my gift registry page, I have the 1st lines very near the box for validating GC. In fact, I had to rephrase the 2nd line so that it didn't go "over" the box.
How can I place the box below the 1st 2 lines?
Another solution is to add a space between the box and the following lines, so that everything doesn't look so near, see what I mean?
Here it is the page in English:
http://www.electroge...tificates&sl=EN

Another issue: I like very much the reward point option, it's a great add-on of cs-cart, however I see a small inconvenience: the price in points may get the client a bit confused, specially when it is displayed right next to the photo and in the yellow box. Seriously, I do not know why the most important things for a client such as price and how much he saves is outside a box that's suppose to highlight information.
How can I get the list price, the store price and save % be "inside" the yellow box? The item code, stock , points earned and price in points can be left outside the box. What do you say? :rolleyes:

• pbradish
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:29 PM #48

Has anyone found a solution to this issue for the Basic skin on 1.3.5?

We're looking to have a fixed width that is centered.

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 01:16 PM #49

A solution for which issue?

Fixed width for basic skin is in post #1.
Charlie

• paulcotter
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:43 PM #50

If any one is interested, change in styles.css:

Here is what worked for me. In style.css add the following: (at the top)

div#wrapper {
    position:relative;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    top: 0px;
    width:950px; /* set to required site width */
    background-color: #ffffff;
}
In index.tpl add the red parts:
<body>
[COLOR="red"]<div id="wrapper">[/COLOR]

{if 'SKINS_PANEL'|defined}