• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Fixed Width 1.3.5 Rate Topic   - - - - -

• shazer7
  • Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:06 PM #21

I have the same problem, works fine in firefox and IE7, but not IE6. I have changed it back to the default. I have place this on the back burner for now.
Current version: 1.3.5-sp1

Posted 26 March 2008 - 11:44 PM #22

You were looking at the current site - I'm working on a new site -
http://74.52.75.2/~c.../shop/index.php

Nope, that's the one I was looking at :rolleyes:

I suppose you're using a custom template so it would be necessary to get it stripped down to the minimum you need and work the margins etc from there.
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• wkress
  • Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 04:55 PM #23

Jesse:

Ah - you got the URL from my profile! I get it.

No we're using the default template that we started with in the demo software - default_blue - just changed the images.

• sholand
  • Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 March 2008 - 05:40 PM #24

I have the same problem. It has something to do with EMENU as the categories menu style in appearance. If you change it to Dynamic it works. Otherwise, when you bring up the screen it works fine but if you change from full screen to a window and then resize or go full screen again the categories get screwed up.

Posted 28 March 2008 - 01:34 AM #25

Jesse:

Ah - you got the URL from my profile! I get it.

haha.. nope just snooped around your server via the image url that you posted. most people place it under /shop/ or /cart/ you know which :D
I've moved on from CS-Cart to WooC******** - If you need anything I can be of little help.

• Alfie
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:44 PM #26

Anyone get this to work? Stupid css layout, im just going to design one from scratch and then add the cs-cart bits into it afterwwards.

starting to hate cs-cart

Alfie

• greg
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:10 AM #27

It is actually really simple to convert to fixed width. I don't like negative margins layouts, so I coverted the original basic skin to normal floating divs layout. Attached is a zip with main.txt and styles.txt. Rename them to php and replace the old files. These files are for basic skin, 995px width.

You may or may not need position: relative properties in new rules, but they don't do any harm if you leave them in.

Oh, and backup your files. Just in case...

Attached Files

• stormwiz
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:42 PM #28

It works for firefox and explorer 7, but not 6. Also in explorer 6 in the product detail
page the product image gets vanished. Could you look a this ? Have you tested with
version 6 ?
Running version 1.35 sp.2

Posted 08 May 2008 - 11:18 AM #29

I too am using the method described by baballuci in the Basic skin. However, in saying that I am still a little stuck with achieving the same results with the "Partner Skin"? :confused:

If your ears are open baballuci can I call upon your advice once again... ;)

Heres hoping
Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:09 AM #30

The method is the same, partner/index.tpl
[COLOR="Red"]<div id="wrapper">[/COLOR]
<a name="top"></a>
<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" style="height:100%" border="0">
<tr>
	<td valign="top" style="height:100%">
		<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"	border="0" style="height:100%">
		<tr>
			<td valign="top">
			{include file="top.tpl"}</td>
		</tr>
		<tr>
			<td style="height:100%" valign="top">
			{include file="main.tpl"}</td>
		</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
<tr>
	<td valign="bottom">
		{include file="bottom.tpl"}</td>
</tr>
</table>
[COLOR="Red"]</div>[/COLOR]
but make sure you add
div#wrapper {
    position:relative;
    margin-left:auto;
    margin-right:auto;
    top: 0px;
    width:950px; /* set to required site width */
}
to the 'style.css' in the partner folder.
Charlie

Posted 12 May 2008 - 10:54 AM #31

Thanks for that. however the css was chaged to

div#wrapper {
	position:relative;
	margin-left:10%;
	margin-right:10%;
	width:1087px; /* set to required site width */
	background-color: #FFFFFF;

asit would not render correctly in FF.

Another thing I have noticed, although they claim the basic skin is tables less this does not extend to the partner template and is a real pain in the rear with so many tables. I wish it was as easy as copying and pasting from one template to another ?
Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you’re going to do now and do it

Now using CS-Cart 2.0.5

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3531 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 05:42 AM #32

How to make fixed width on aquarelle_green template?

• David
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 September 2008 - 04:57 PM #33

If any one is interested, change in styles.css:

body {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    min-width: 912px; [COLOR="Red"]/* width depends on skin */[/COLOR]
}
to
body {
    background-color: #ffffff;
    width: [COLOR="red"]912[/COLOR]px;
    margin-left: auto; 
    margin-right: auto;
}

The red number being the size, 912 seems to be the minimum on Basic skin.

Neat - just saved me a bunch of time...
www.petproducts.me
CS-Cart 2.2.1

• baballuci
  • Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 11:30 AM #34

Hi David, the method you used does not fix the category menu. I've now changed the 1st post which fixes this issue. Please use the new method.
Charlie

• Noman
  • Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 18 September 2008 - 11:55 AM #35

Hi David, the method you used does not fix the category menu. I've now changed the 1st post which fixes this issue. Please use the new method.

Hi all

So, what's the final solution please? Which code to use? Wil that work in FF as well as in IE 7 and 8? What about Chrome from Google? I have aquarelle red and need 990px desperately.

Thank you.

• mirnitagl
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:54 PM #36

Hello!

is it possible to change background-color for background-image ? Please, let me know, I'm truly interested.

note: baballuci, you really got me with the small insect in the avatar. I was like: damn bugs!

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:30 AM #37

In your skins/your-skin/customer/styles.css change your body tag. This is how mine looks:

body {
	margin:5px auto 2px auto;
	background: #04053e url(images/oceanbackground.jpg) no-repeat fixed;
	background-position:top;
	width:912px;
}

Brandon

• mirnitagl
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 12:28 AM #38

when I read this post I had already found the solution, but I truly appreciate your reply.In my case the solution was:

div#wrapper {
position:center;
margin-left:auto;
margin-right:auto;
width:880px; /* set to required site width */

background: url('/images/cooltile.gif');
background-position:center;

}

As you can see I also changed the width of the store to 880pf, which it's causing me more than one headache.
My site is electrogeneral.com (still under construction) as you will notice. I'm having problems with letters and images going off the margins. For example, if you go to "contact page" you'll see a few things wrong there like country and province out of place and specially the message body with a box bigger than the page. Awful!
How can I solve this? In the gift certificate section, I have a similar situation.
And a product page (the only product I have added as a test) I get the same thing.
Here: http://www.electroge...ts&product_id=1

Could you please help me?

• brandonvd
  • is Super Awesome
  • Members
  • 2633 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 04:32 AM #39

On the products page you can start by changing the file skins/your-skin/customer/styles.css

To change the box width change this:

.product-details-options {
background:#FFFDD7 url(images/product_details_options_bg.gif) repeat-x scroll center bottom;
border:1px solid #A3A3A3;
clear:left;
margin-left:-1px;
margin-top:15px;
padding:9px;
}

To:

.product-details-options {
background:#FFFDD7 url(images/product_details_options_bg.gif) repeat-x scroll center bottom;
border:1px solid #A3A3A3;
clear:left;
margin-left:-1px;
margin-top:15px;
padding:9px;
width:175px;
}

I couldn't figure out the text width though, sorry.

As for the contact page, you can change skins/your-skin/customer/forms_pages/forms.tpl

Find:

<p class="textarea-break"><textarea id="elm_{$element.element_id}" cols="100" rows="10" name="elements[{$element.element_id}]" class="input-textarea" style="width: 453px;">{$elements_values.$elm_id|escape:html}</textarea></p>

And change it to:

<p class="textarea-break"><textarea id="elm_{$element.element_id}" cols="100" rows="10" name="elements[{$element.element_id}]" class="input-textarea" style="width: 425px;">{$elements_values.$elm_id|escape:html}</textarea></p>

I am not quite sure how to fix the other boxes though, so once again, sorry.

I hope this helps anyways. Maybe someone else might have more to add. By the way I used the Firebug tool for Firefox to find the code to change and then Firebug will actually allow you to change the code in Firefox without actually having to change the "real" code.

Brandon

• mirnitagl
  • Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 03:50 PM #40

Brandon, you're fantastic. Thanks for your help. I'll start now changing everything you advise. As for the rest, well, I hope a good samaritan may give me a hand.

I know the site is still in its skeleton, but did you like what you saw?