• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Php 7 Set For Release In November. Will Cs-Cart Support It? Rate Topic   * * * * * 2 votes

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 08 August 2016 - 09:25 PM #41

If V4.2.x will not support PHP7 what about MariaDB ?

running CS Cart V4.10.3.SP1 

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 03:59 PM #42

Okay we just configured our server and we can now offer PHP 7 and still service our V4.2.4 store with PHP 5.6

• gleb.goncharov
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 351 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:25 PM #43

What is the perfect configuration to get super fast and stable cs-cart store, i have dedicated server with:

CentOS7

cPanel 58

EasyApache 4

PHP7

CS-CART v4.3.9

What i have to install?  Nginx, Redis, http2 ,opcache, apcu ?

Regards,

Ahmed

Perfect configuration mostly depends on your server configuration (CPU, RAM, Storage + I/O), your needs and desires.

In my opinion, the fastest configuration is:

- NGINX 1.11.x

- Varnish 3.0.x

- PHP 7.0.x (FastCGI, PHP-FPM) + ZendOpcache

- MariaDB 10.1

- Redis 3.0.x (in case of heavily loaded disks) if you have a lot of RAM to store your data in there.

Be aware you have to rewrite Apache rules to NGINX and you should be ready to manage your settings every time when you need to change something. So it's not an option if you're not a expert of server administration. Our team could help you to administer your server very easy (just send us an email to sales@simtechdev.com and we'll find the best solution for your store).

That's why I usually recommend to install:

- NGINX 1.11.x

- Varnish 3.0.x

- Apache 2.4.x (prefork)

- PHP 7.0.x (mod_php SAPI) + ZendOpcache

- MariaDB 10.1.

- Redis

It works pretty fast and you able to use an .htaccess files, but keep in mind that it's slower than might be. 

Also I recommend our clients use HTTP/2 because it performs better than HTTP/1.1. However, it's not a silver bullet. For example, if you have a high Round-Trip-Time (RTT) to your server (300 ms+), HTTP/2 wouldn't have any benefits, especially without SSL/TLS settings (OCSP stapling, SSL tickets, SSL cache, ...). Besides, some optimization techniques such as domain sharding, image sprites, inlining files, concatenating code files and so forth make increasingly worse rather than help reduce page download speed.

• alssafeer
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 01:55 AM #44

Perfect configuration mostly depends on your server configuration (CPU, RAM, Storage + I/O), your needs and desires.

In my opinion, the fastest configuration is:

- NGINX 1.11.x

- Varnish 3.0.x

- PHP 7.0.x (FastCGI, PHP-FPM) + ZendOpcache

- MariaDB 10.1

- Redis 3.0.x (in case of heavily loaded disks) if you have a lot of RAM to store your data in there.

Be aware you have to rewrite Apache rules to NGINX and you should be ready to manage your settings every time when you need to change something. So it's not an option if you're not a expert of server administration. Our team could help you to administer your server very easy (just send us an email to sales@simtechdev.com and we'll find the best solution for your store).

That's why I usually recommend to install:

- NGINX 1.11.x

- Varnish 3.0.x

- Apache 2.4.x (prefork)

- PHP 7.0.x (mod_php SAPI) + ZendOpcache

- MariaDB 10.1.

- Redis

It works pretty fast and you able to use an .htaccess files, but keep in mind that it's slower than might be. 

Also I recommend our clients use HTTP/2 because it performs better than HTTP/1.1. However, it's not a silver bullet. For example, if you have a high Round-Trip-Time (RTT) to your server (300 ms+), HTTP/2 wouldn't have any benefits, especially without SSL/TLS settings (OCSP stapling, SSL tickets, SSL cache, ...). Besides, some optimization techniques such as domain sharding, image sprites, inlining files, concatenating code files and so forth make increasingly worse rather than help reduce page download speed.

Hi Gleb,
Thank you very much for your value information.
i had contact to your company "SIMTECH"to get a professional server configuration but they refused and reply "cannot work on server have a cpanel already"

Can you please help me to get best server configuration.

• Rafass
  • Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 04:41 AM #45

@alssafeer, If you want something really fast, use Nginx instead Cpanel. 

That server config recommended by @Glev is awesome. 

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 994 posts

Posted 12 September 2016 - 12:22 PM #46

We are using cPanel for ease of usel Gleb

And our current best configuration (not saying it is the best around) we have sofar is

- NGINX 1.10.1 (engintron - Nginx for cPanel)

- Apache 2.4.x (prefork)

- EasyApache 4 with support for both PHP 5.6 and PHP 7.0.x

- MySQL 5.6

The ease of use of cPanel is what pulls me to cPanel instead of a command line setup.

By the by... our V4.3.8 is giving us a bug when we select PHP7 for the store as default PHP handler.

Not sure how to debug the issue