1.3.6 Feature List

Well, in the name of you can never be to early…

What would we all like to see in the next version of CS - Cart?

Here’s my list :

• Warehouse management ( better stock control, ordering at drop shippers etc )
  • Ebay Plugin so you can post your items directly on eBay and administer the whole process.
  • Financial data exportable to Quickbooks, Exact etc
  • Pre-orders, sold out and available within…
  • Shippers integration ( Print a packing slip and shipping label )

So what can we all else think off ?

Drag and Drop sidebox controls for display ordering.

Free shipping but with other shipping options still available for customer to choose from.

Import shipping tracking numbers into tracking fields,

I would like to see CS-Cart on the list of this company for those of use who use Quickbooks

[URL=“http://atandra.com/”]http://atandra.com/[/URL]

I was just on the phone with them, and they quoted me $1500.00 to integrate there application into the CS-Cart script…then charge me to purchase the script.

I dont know if enough of us who use Quickbooks would like to bombard CS-Cart Developers to look at having this available.

It sure would make it easier to conduct transactions via CS-Cart and Quickbooks.

They sent me a PDF file which describes what is needed to make there application work with any shopping cart script.

If anybody is interested in seeing it…drop me a PM.

Replace the pulldown credit card expiration date at checkout with two block fields one for the month and one for the year.

The customer then has to enter the data (exp. date). We found this much better on one of our websites with way less troubled orders. Customers get in trouble with the mouse scroll button in Internet Explorer browser and do not realize the pulldown menu is still activated and the exp. date numbers start rolling. Then they wonder why there credit card declined. Lots of lost sales.

knowing we have to build a site to accomdate the dumbest people thats simple using a website standard if you ask me, BUt i see your point, Seems you can mod Cs cart to have that insteal of drop downs.

Improved shipping - ship separate. combine, call for shipping quote

- multi-package shipping with dimensional shipping

Order minimums by membership

Select multiple discreet memberships for discountsand forshipping and payment methods

Packing slips

Pre-orders/Backorders

Backorder system with proper billing for only items available for shipment.

As much as 1.3.5 is a huge step forward, there is still much to do.

Bob

The way VAT is displayed in V1.3.5 is still incorrect for us UK companies which is a huge shame, I had hoped they would have this ironed out

The UK tax system still needs to be sorted on this cart.

We need the ability to show prices as follows:

£38.99 Ex VAT

£45.81 inc VAT

On each product.

Then in the checkout as follows:

Product Price £204.99

Total Price Excluding VAT £204.99

VAT @ 17.5% £35.87

Total Price Including VAT £240.86

---------------------------------------

The tax on shipping as follows:

Royal Mail’s price includes VAT, But other Delivery methords like City Link need to have the VAT applied to there price.

Subtotal: £27.20

Shipping cost: £5.96

VAT 17.5%: £5.80

Total: £38.96

Even though we are US-based, I agree that VAT needs to be sorted as a priority. Seems like this would affect a major swath of the earth known as Europe (, Australia and probably a whole lot more.) thereby limiting future opportunity for CS-Cart.

Bob

I would like to see options work with the configurator. As it works now, if you add a product to the cart that has options and is a configured product, if you edit the configured part in the cart, you loose any of the options filled out that were text fields and the dropdowns default back to the first selection.

Like specific batteries for products or specific modules for products. They could make it a tab or when on the view cart screen.

I’d like an option to activate/deactivate the different methods of payment depending on the destiny of the customer.

To the customers of my country it interests me to send with cash on delivery, but to those of other countries no.

Now I must do programming it the skins, with which whenever script is updated, I must return to modify it again.

[quote name=‘JArden’]Like specific batteries for products or specific modules for products. They could make it a tab or when on the view cart screen.[/QUOTE]

You do not say what version you are using, but cersion 1.3.5 allows you to specify specific related products on each product using the Listmania feature. Make sure you have a “related Products” list created in Listmania with the following settings:

Object->Product

List Objects->Products

Type->Manually Set

Appearance Box->Product deatails page

Appearance 0rder N/A

Appearance Type->(Your choice)

Avail Checked

In Manage Products:

1. Choose a product to modify
  2. Select Listmania Tab, then click the “Related products” (or whatever you called it list
  3. Check the box labeled “Enable for this page” under General
  4. Select items to add using the search in the “Add products to this section”
  5. Place a check in front of each product you want to add and click the “Add products” button

You should now see a “Related products” tab on that item in your store.

Bob

[quote name=‘zardos’]The way VAT is displayed in V1.3.5 is still incorrect for us UK companies which is a huge shame, I had hoped they would have this ironed out

The UK tax system still needs to be sorted on this cart.

We need the ability to show prices as follows:

£38.99 Ex VAT

£45.81 inc VAT

On each product.

Then in the checkout as follows:

Product Price £204.99

Total Price Excluding VAT £204.99

VAT @ 17.5% £35.87

Total Price Including VAT £240.86

---------------------------------------

The tax on shipping as follows:

Royal Mail’s price includes VAT, But other Delivery methords like City Link need to have the VAT applied to there price.

Subtotal: £27.20

Shipping cost: £5.96

VAT 17.5%: £5.80

Total: £38.96[/quote]

Here Here… lol

Support for Royal Mail is required, Purely because [COLOR=red]Royal Mail price does not have any VAT content[/COLOR] so the figures would show as proposed.

• Products site wide need to show as price including tax (vat) as this is the standard way to present prices to the retail market. The trade market is prices excluding tax.

* Checkout Summary & Invoice needs to show :

[/B]

[COLOR=red]Using Royal Mail[/COLOR]

[B]

Item Total (exc vat) £10.00

Vat @ 17.5% £1.75

Sub Total £11.75

Royal Mail Postage £2.50

Total £14.25

[COLOR=red]Or if Royal Mail isnt used :[/COLOR]

Item Total (exc vat) £10.00

Shipping £2.50

Vat @ 17.5% £2.19

Total £14.69

I personally consider this a bug, not an “as designed” item and should be given some serious considerations as to implementing for Service Pack 2

[QUOTE]* Products site wide need to show as price including tax (vat) as this is the standard way to present prices to the retail market. The trade market is prices excluding tax.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, at least in the US, the standard is to show both unit prices and extended prices WITHOUT taxes applied. Line items are often marked with a “T” or something to denote they are taxable. The tax, if any, is applied in the totals section.

I think this is a case of trying to do too much with a single invoice format. I think it would be much better if there were different invoice layouts that meet presentation requirements for the differing countries. An entry in the Admin area, or even at setup, could specify which invoice layout to use.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]You do not say what version you are using, but cersion 1.3.5 allows you to specify specific related products on each product using the Listmania feature. Make sure you have a “related Products” list created in Listmania with the following settings:

Object->Product

List Objects->Products

Type->Manually Set

Appearance Box->Product deatails page

Appearance 0rder N/A

Appearance Type->(Your choice)

Avail Checked

In Manage Products:

1. Choose a product to modify
  2. Select Listmania Tab, then click the “Related products” (or whatever you called it list
  3. Check the box labeled “Enable for this page” under General
  4. Select items to add using the search in the “Add products to this section”
  5. Place a check in front of each product you want to add and click the “Add products” button

You should now see a “Related products” tab on that item in your store.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. :wink:

A script based upgrade.

I would like to an easier way to add side boxes from the admin section. Just like adding pages. And have the ability to position them or give them stacking order.

[quote name=‘smoked1’]A script based upgrade.[/quote]

ditto +1,000,000

[quote name=‘jgaris’]I would like to an easier way to add side boxes from the admin section. Just like adding pages. And have the ability to position them or give them stacking order.[/QUOTE]

You can do this with Listmania (if your are running 1.3.5). Select either “Left sidebox” or “Right sidebox” under Appearance Type and then choose if you want your sidebox to appear at the top (Before main content) or bottom (After main content). If you have more than one sidebox, you can set the relative Position they should display in.

Bob