• You cannot reply to this topic

403 Forbidden Rate Topic   - - - - -

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:42 PM #1

Hello all,

i have facing some problem. I am using cs cart version 4.3.3. The site is working fine in / server. But when i go to layout section try to edit any of the block that says 

"ErrorOops, something went wrong (Forbidden). Please try again."

But the whole site is work perfectly without this.

permission are ok. No problem with that.

Please help me out from this problem.

Cheers!
Thomas

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11302 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:43 PM #2

Generally this is a permission issue or a PHP Error/Warning/Notice issue being returned in the AJAX response..

Have you looked in your browser debugger at the response of the AJAX request?  You will probably see an error of some kind being returned that can't be parsed by the JS that is expecting the response.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:16 AM #3

Yes the firebug shows that you don't have permission to /admin.php on this server. admin.php permission is 644 but i try to change the permission to 755 but still the error occurs

Cheers!
Thomas

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19378 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:23 AM #4

What do you see in the server error logs?

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:22 AM #5

In server error log there is nothing

Cheers!
Thomas

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:57 AM #6

Ajax response 

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>403 Forbidden</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Forbidden</h1>
<p>You don't have permission to access /admin.php
on this server.<br />
</p>
</body></html>

Cheers!
Thomas

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19378 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:19 PM #7

It is required to examine the issue directly on the server

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11302 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:23 PM #8

What are the ownerships and permissions of both that file and the parent directory?

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 06:04 AM #9

permission of admin.php is 644

Cheers!
Thomas

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19378 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:08 AM #10

If you provide us with the temporary FTP access to your server, we can check the issue

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 11:46 AM #11

actually i can't provide you the ftp because its client' site. I will provide you the site information. The live site is running in cs cart version 2.2.4. I created a dev folder and updated the migrate version from local. All working fine expect above error...please help me out from this...

Cheers!
Thomas

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11302 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:42 PM #12

What are the ownerships?

Correct permissions and wrong owner doesn't work either.  Ownership must be the correct user for your Apache/PHP configuration.

What do the Apache logs say (/usr/local/Apache/domlogs/[domain_name]/error_log)?  It will usually tell you the specifics about why Apache is generating different status responses.

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:04 AM #13

How can i get the ownerships from the FTP ? But in error_log there is no error....i don't understand what you are saying?

Cheers!
Thomas

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19378 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:44 AM #14

If the mod_security is installed on your server, ask hosting administrator to temporary disable it and check the result

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:58 AM #15

i think mod_security is not installed to the server....so please give another solutions.

Cheers!
Thomas

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:06 AM #16

Please see the screenshots below...also product or category edit mode layout tab is blank...both issue are related i think..

Attached Thumbnails

• error.png
  • error_2.png

Cheers!
Thomas

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11302 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 10:50 PM #17

There are two primary error files on your server.  One should be in the root directory of your store or the home directory of your cpanel user.  It is the  PHP error_log file.  This will not include apache issues or access issues.

The other is from Apache and it is usually located in the apache log area which can be different on different servers.  Check with your hosting to see where it is on your server.  Comonly it is in

/usr/local/apache/domlogs/[your domain name]

So for my site, apache error logs are in the file /usr/local/apache/domlogs/ez-ms.com

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:49 AM #18

So, what should i do as of now?

Cheers!
Thomas

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19378 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:20 AM #19

i think mod_security is not installed to the server....so please give another solutions.

Did you check it in the phpinfo?

• thomas
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 11:34 AM #20

in phpinfo mod_security is not there

Cheers!
Thomas