• You cannot reply to this topic

Sales Tax Always Shows - Confusing For Customer Not In Our State

• Abaco
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:57 PM #1

Hi,

Is there someway to get the Sales Tax to not show in the Twigmo Shopping Cart until after the ship to address information has been added,  When you add an item to the shopping cart and then go to look at it via the Shopping Cart/Checkout link,  the State Sales Tax for the State in which we are located shows up.  We have had a number of customers call in saying they would order, but not if they have to pay our State Sales Tax of which they are not required to pay, because they are located in a different State.  I have no idea how many customers see the State Sale Tax show up in Twigmo and then move to a different website because it looks like they will be charged the Sales Tax and never go any further in the checkout process.

Thanks.

• The Tool
  • Been Here Way Too Long Member
  • Members
  • 3843 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:10 PM #2

It doesn't do it on the desktop version?  Generally you need to remove the default address.

• antev
  • Architect
  • Twigmo team
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:44 PM #3

Hello,

This is a bug. Thank you for reporting it. It will be fixed in the next Twigmo version. For now you can add the following line:

fn_enable_checkout_mode();

to the app/addons/twigmo/controllers/frontend/twigmo.php file after the 

$meta = fn_twg_init_api_meta($response);

line.

Evgeniy Antonov,
Twigmo team

• Abaco
  • Advanced Member
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:17 PM #4

Thank you Tool and Evgeniy for looking at and responding to my question.  I have made the change Evgeniy provided above and it has eliminated the problem I was having with the Sales Tax showing up in the cart.