• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Custom Menu And Activate Menu Tab Drill Down? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• rmsilver7
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 11:57 PM #1

I found a couple of old threads from people with this same issue, but no real resolution or solution. I am creating a custom menu to use instead of the stock dynamic main menu and I cannot seem to get the "Activate menu tab for" to work for the appropriate category that the product is in. 

Example: 

I have numerous top level menu items that if I give them the "products.view" dispatch value to activate on it actives on ANY product view (even if it isn't in that category). I turned back on the dynamic menu and that one works correctly. 

My question is how can I drill down the dispatch value for a specific category's products? Is it possible?

I have attached images to hopefully help better explain what I am seeing. 

Attached Thumbnails

• menu-settings.jpg
  • menu-active-tab.jpg

Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web & Print Services
http://www.silver-logic.com
(503) 213-3551

I offer Website Design, Management, Hosting and Graphic Design services. I'm located in Portland, OR and have been using CS-Cart since 2009 and doing Website design since 2003. I would love to hear about your next project!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19365 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:37 AM #2

Did you try to leave the values empty?

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• rmsilver7
  • Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:00 AM #3

Yes, and I also tried using categories.view and nothing activated when left blank and when using the category dispatch it only activated on a category page (I'm assuming all will activate like the products.view when on a category page using that dispatch, but I haven't tested that).
Riika Magnus
Silver-Logic Web & Print Services
http://www.silver-logic.com
(503) 213-3551

I offer Website Design, Management, Hosting and Graphic Design services. I'm located in Portland, OR and have been using CS-Cart since 2009 and doing Website design since 2003. I would love to hear about your next project!