• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Responsive Theme Rate Topic   - - - - -

• redman101101
  • Trial users
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:36 AM #1

With the new google rules we want to change our theme to responsive to be mobile friendly. I can only see an option to activate the theme but then the front end is live with that theme.
Is there a way to edit and preview the theme without it activating the front end? It looks like I have to completely layout and style the theme from scratch? Is there an easy way to do this?

I suppose the real question is there anyway way to move to a responsive theme but keep the layout we have now?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22205 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:55 AM #2

What CS-Cart version do you use? We suggest you to make a copy of your store on the local server or sub directory and use this installation to test new things.

Please check this article:

http://kb.cs-cart.co...-another-server
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• redman101101
  • Trial users
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:06 PM #3

Hi, Thanks for the response.
We are using 4.2.3

I was afraid you were going to say that. Thought there may be an easier way. If I wanted to activate the theme and then edit it I would have to close the store.
Otherwise it's down to your suggestion :(

Can't believe cs cart don't allow customisation before activating live from the admin?!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 22205 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:26 AM #4

May be you can set up second store-front and close it for public. Then activate new theme for the new store-front and test everything.

http://kb.cs-cart.com/ult-configure

But please contact CS-Cart license department at first and check if it be legal action
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)