• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Our Brand ( Link To Feature) Rate Topic   * * * * * 1 votes

• rdr
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:28 PM #1

Hi,

By default (ie the demo store) has a footer link "our brands" linking to a a feature defined page

http://demo.cs-cart....l&filter_id=10.

Now on my setup it leads to a 404, I'm trying to figure how to setup the proper id value and where to find it .. it does not appear to have anything to do with feature code as it is blank on the demo.

Help welcome

Cheers

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19685 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:11 AM #2

Go to the Products -> Filters page and find the ID near the filter name:

http://clip2net.com/s/3mnTWxX

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:19 AM #3

Hi,

Now on my setup it leads to a 404, I'm trying to figure how to setup the proper id value and where to find it .. it does not appear to have anything to do with feature code as it is blank on the demo.

Please let me explain it.
When you create a new filter, it is possible to select a product feature
If this product feature has type "Brand/Manufacturer" ( for example: http://demo.cs-cart....e&feature_id=18 ) , this filter would have a separate page with list of variants like this:

http://demo.cs-cart....ll&filter_id=10

hope it helps.

best regards,
WSA team

• rdr
  • Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 10:50 AM #4

Go to the Products -> Filters page and find the ID near the filter name:

This did the trick , thank you once again

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19685 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:28 PM #5

We are glad to help you.

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:44 PM #6

Guys,  I must be missing something here, I tried to follow your steps but end up anyway with a 404.

I am on V4.3.3 Ultimate just for the record and I am quite sure I followed the instructions you presented here above.

--------

update

I located the filter ID and it is = 1

Now in the browser I get the following result:

PHP Fatal Error Message

Uncaught --> Smarty Compiler: Syntax error in template "/home/pasioonline/public_html/design/themes/graceful/templates/addons/cp_graceful_theme/overrides/views/product_features/view_all.tpl" on line 14 "{assign var="_features_hash" value=$params.features_hash|fn_add_range_to_url_hash:$range}" unknown modifier "fn_add_range_to_url_hash" <-- thrown

Error at

app/lib/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_templatecompilerbase.php, line: 14

Backtrace

index.php?dispatch=product_features.view_all&filter_id=1

Edited by Webmaster_at_Mungotedo, 16 September 2015 - 10:49 PM.

running CS Cart V4.10.3.SP1 

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19685 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:40 AM #7

Please contact Cart Power and inform them about this issue. It is caused by their module

• Mongoose
  • Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:57 PM #8

Please contact Cart Power and inform them about this issue. It is caused by their module

@ Cart Power they helped me instantly.

running CS Cart V4.10.3.SP1 

• kevin13952
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 25 April 2016 - 03:33 PM #9

I deleted all of the variants in my Brands. But I did NOT delete the Brand feature that was default in CS-Cart install.

I then added a single brand, complete with logo, description etc.

In the brands slider on the homepage my new Brand is displaying and I can click on it and view the information about the brand along with the products below it.

However, when I click the "Our brands" link at the top of my homepage it returns a 404 page not found.

I've checked that the menu link is showing the proper feature id (18) and that my Brands feature is also "18".

But my brands still don't show up when I click the Our brands link.

Help!

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3808 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:48 AM #10

I deleted all of the variants in my Brands. But I did NOT delete the Brand feature that was default in CS-Cart install.

In the brands slider on the homepage my new Brand is displaying and I can click on it and view the information about the brand along with the products below it.

However, when I click the "Our brands" link at the top of my homepage it returns a 404 page not found.

I've checked that the menu link is showing the proper feature id (18) and that my Brands feature is also "18".

Help!

Please make sure that at least one product in your store has a brand variant assigned.

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19685 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 07:23 AM #11

Help!

Please replace feature ID with the filter ID. Product filter should be created by this feature

• Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 02:37 AM #12

hi, if i use "category tree" block it will show all of my category if it's active right?

and my brand category shown just like other category, but i want to make my our brand link on "category tree" go to our brand page (which i already have)

is there any way to do this?

Thanks

• CS-Cart team
  • CS-Cart support team
  • Moderators
  • 3808 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:38 AM #13

hi, if i use "category tree" block it will show all of my category if it's active right?

and my brand category shown just like other category, but i want to make my our brand link on "category tree" go to our brand page (which i already have)

is there any way to do this?

Thanks

In this case you should create a new menu with necessary items (all categories). One item should have the link to your brand page. More info can be found here:

http://docs.cs-cart....enus/index.html

Sincerely yours, CS-Cart Support Team

User guide       |  Developer documentation  |  Core API documentation

• Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 75 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:38 AM #14

In this case you should create a new menu with necessary items (all categories). One item should have the link to your brand page. More info can be found here:

http://docs.cs-cart....enus/index.html

hmm, looks like i can't do that because my template don't handle normal menu block and just for category tree block

then where is i can find this "View More" link?

NQzCLMa.png

i think i will change it manually on it tpl file

Thanks

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19685 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 08:50 AM #15

The top menu template is located here:

design/themes/responsive/templates/blocks/topmenu_dropdown.tpl

Find link by "text_topmenu_view_more"

• Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 75 posts

Posted 03 May 2016 - 01:35 AM #16

The top menu template is located here:

design/themes/responsive/templates/blocks/topmenu_dropdown.tpl

Find link by "text_topmenu_view_more"

Thanks, it works

• andymike123
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 07:54 PM #17

Hi guys,

I created a filter for shop by brand, and it work by displaying all brands in one page, but it only display name of brand 

https://prnt.sc/j6l6yn

1. Is there anyway we can modify brand page display logo and name?

2. Also, is there anyway create seo friendly for brand filter page? (for example like www.website.com/shop-by-brand)

It currently displays like this: www.website.com/index.php?dispatch=product_features.view_all&filter_id=1

Thank you so much for your help

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19685 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:44 AM #18

Good day,

1. Try the following solution

http://forum.cs-cart...-all-with-image

2. Our module can do it

https://www.ecom-lab...les-add-on.html

• andymike123
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 59 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 05:11 PM #19

Thank you so much, I will check them out. :grin: