• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Product Configurator and Base Price Display Issue Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:33 PM #1

I am playing with the product configurator to offer "suggested upgrades" to specific items. Seems when I make an item configurable though, the default price goes away in the category view.

For example:

http://www.mtpbl.com...-guns-c179.html

In this category, the 2007 Sonix and the MR1 have configuration options and the base price no longer displays. Is this a setting or something that can be worked around? I would like it to display the base price on the category page. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Johnathan

Posted 05 October 2007 - 03:50 PM #2

Anybody have this issue?

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:53 AM #3

Ok... so we worked past this one... credit back to Matt again...

But still having an issue that I was hoping someone here could help with before I go to cs-cart:

We are configuring paintball guns to have "add-ons" which are configuration items. If I have a gun that is $100 for example, and someone adds an air tank for $25, then in the cart and checkout and invoice it shows the gun as $125.00... it rolls up the add-on prices into the gun price. I'm sure this is going to be confusing to our customers because it still displays the add-ons and their prices below it. So it essentially looks like the price of the gun went up when you added it to the cart.

Now, it does charge the correct amount, which is good... but I'm afraid we'd have some abandoned carts because of the price jumps.

Anyone know of a way to fix this or how easy it may or may not be?

Thanks,
Johnathan
1.3.5 about to make the switch...
Free Shipping + Real Time Shipping Mod

• Kevin
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:17 AM #4

having a problem with the base price changing to 0 when the configurable product option is checked and not displaying any more. Whats the fix to this bug?

Using cscart 1.3.5sp2

Posted 11 March 2008 - 02:52 PM #5

We have the same problem. If an item is configurable, and you make any changes to the item, it defaults back to a base cost of $0. The only way we have found to fix it so far is to remember to set the price back to the correct base price before saving. Not ideal by any stretch. Hoping it's address in SP3.
1.3.5 about to make the switch...
Free Shipping + Real Time Shipping Mod

• hondo69
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 11:07 PM #6

I have the latest version but having the same problem. (By the way, how do we view Cart Version?)

Product Base Price = $ 100

Option 1: No Add-on: $ 0
If they choose this default option, everything is fine of course.

Option 2: Item Add-on: $ 25
Here's where we hit a problem. The cart area displays:

Base Price: $ 125
Add-on: $ 25
Total Price: $ 125

I guess we end up with the right price in the end, but it sure could confuse a customer. They should see the Base Price of $ 100, not $ 125. Seems like there's a simple solution here somewhere.

• VGC
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 02:29 AM #7

I have the latest version but having the same problem. (By the way, how do we view Cart Version?)

Product Base Price = $ 100

Option 1: No Add-on: $ 0
If they choose this default option, everything is fine of course.

Option 2: Item Add-on: $ 25
Here's where we hit a problem. The cart area displays:

Base Price: $ 125
Add-on: $ 25
Total Price: $ 125

I guess we end up with the right price in the end, but it sure could confuse a customer. They should see the Base Price of $ 100, not $ 125. Seems like there's a simple solution here somewhere.

You have it wrong. In order for the Base Price to be $120, subtract $25 from the base price and let the system add the $25 back. Look at www.vulcangaming.com. I take all of my components that have default values of > 0.00 and subtract them from the base price. That's how I get the real base price of a computer - the base price on the admin side is much less what is indicated on the site.