Short Descriptions Doesn't Show Descripition From Full Description Autmatically When We Fill Something

When the short description box is empty , it automatically takes few lines from the full descriptions and displays on the product page. But the moment we enter some text or html code in short description box it just shows the content we have put in short descriptions.

What I want is to show few lines from the full descriptions automatically and then below that it should show the content I have filled in short descriptions.

How to do this? Please help. Urgent

That's how it's intended to work. If you want different text, use the promo text box.

Otherwise you'll need to modify the shopping cart code (I think…maybe someone else can confirm).

[quote name='cool999' timestamp='1439032827' post='226077']

When the short description box is empty , it automatically takes few lines from the full descriptions and displays on the product page. But the moment we enter some text or html code in short description box it just shows the content we have put in short descriptions.

What I want is to show few lines from the full descriptions automatically and then below that it should show the content I have filled in short descriptions.

How to do this? Please help. Urgent

[/quote]

Hello,

I have seen you message and you required small customization work from your store to show the few lines of description in your short description area. We are ready and happy to do at affordable price.

Free help will be appreciated.

Any help??

Hello,

Please check PM.

Please check PM

Its a small modification , free help should be given for this.

Anyone??

We did not receive any message from you.

This should be given as free help. Anyone?

I was going to offer some help, but I looked up your profile and you have a reoccurring negative theme on a lot of your posts. Can I suggest using positive posts :)

In 2012 you posted:

"cs cart is good but seriously no forum support. Planning to move to some other popular cart. P.S - If i have to pay for every little thing then i will prefer to go for magento and go for paid customization and set up my ideal shopping cart."

"cs cart forum is so boring no one here to help"

"same problem i am facing... and no one is helping"

If you are running an eCommerce site that is going to sell products and make a profit for you, you should offer the same courtesy to software developers that help you.

I agree with David. This is a "user to user" forum. No one here is getting paid to help anyone else, so all help is a GIFT. You don't demand gifts. Gifts are given out of the kindness of people's hearts. If you come on here demanding that people help you, it increases the likelihood that you won't get help.

I suggest you follow this simple formula when you have a CS-Cart problem:

a. Post on the forum politely asking your question.

b. Wait and see if anyone answers (if it's not an emergency; if it's an emergency skip to step c).

c. If no one answers, either:

1. Contact helpdesk
  2. Seek Paid help from a developer

I was going to offer some help, but I looked up your profile and you have a reoccurring negative theme on a lot of your posts. Can I suggest using positive posts :)

In 2012 you posted:

"cs cart is good but seriously no forum support. Planning to move to some other popular cart. P.S - If i have to pay for every little thing then i will prefer to go for magento and go for paid customization and set up my ideal shopping cart."

"cs cart forum is so boring no one here to help"

"same problem i am facing... and no one is helping"

If you are running an eCommerce site that is going to sell products and make a profit for you, you should offer the same courtesy to software developers that help you.

That was long back. I would appreciate if you can help. Thanks :)

design\themes\YOUR_THEME\templates\common\product_data.tpl

replace:

{if $product.short_description}

{$product.short_description nofilter}
{else}
{$product.full_description|strip_tags|truncate:160 nofilter}
{/if}

with

{/if}

design\themes\YOUR_THEME\templates\common\product_data.tpl

replace:

{else}
{/if}

with

{/if}

This is having no effect to the short or long description. Please help

Clear cache

PS Do we talk about product listing pages with short description?

I tried clearing Cache but still not working. I am talking about the individual product pages.

I am talking about the individual product pages.

But the full description is always displayed on the Product details pages. Why do you want to truncate it?

Truncated description is used on product listing pages only

Basically When I leave the short descriptions empty the short descriptions take the truncated description from the full descriptions.

But when I fill the short description with some of html codes then it doesn't take the description from full description it just shows what I have filled in it. I want the truncated description + my html code in short descriptions.