Promotion To Reverse Shipping Charges While Checkout

Can a promotion be created so that when the customer checks out the shipping charges are reversed (Equivalent to Free Shipping but don't want to remove the charges from the order/invoice, need the same to keep track of the shipping cost) so the customer eventually gets free shipping but we can see the shipping amount spent.

some thing like

Item Cost : 500

Shipping : 100

Promotion: -100

Order Total: 500/-

Or is there anyother way to track the shipping for each order?

You could probably extend the promotions to include a discount that equaled the shipping charge. I.e.

products = 120

shipping = 20

subtotal = 140

discount = 20

order total = 120

Hi tbirn,

Thats what i want to understand how can that be done, since the shipping charges vary from location to location.? Please advise. Thanks.

You'd have to create a new bonus in the system for “credit shipping cost” or whatever you want to call it.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1438978620' post='226045']

You'd have to create a new bonus in the system for “credit shipping cost” or whatever you want to call it.

[/quote]

Thanks tbirn but i couldnt figure out a way how to create a [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]promotion to include a discount that equaled the shipping charge, the only option available is free shipping. [/font][/color]

Happy to give you a quote for this work if you want it. Just click the link in my signature and provide any requirements you might have. The tricky part about this is that it really can't be applied until the shipping section is entered. So the conditions would be met, but the bonus wouldn't be applied until after the shipping is selected (just before payment).