• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Can't Disable Old Admin Account Rate Topic   - - - - -

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:16 PM #1

Sorry for the dumb question but this is somethng that has only been used once or twice. We have two admin accounts which do not have the enable-disable pulldown. One is no longer needed and has to be disabled. How can I do so without deleting? Thanks for any insights.

Thanks for any insights.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19775 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:51 AM #2

Log in the phpMyAdmin, find the corresponding account in the cscart_users table and replace the value in the is_root column from Y to N

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:33 PM #3

Log in the phpMyAdmin, find the corresponding account in the cscart_users table and replace the value in the is_root column from Y to N

Thanks. This would require API access? I don't see anywhere to edit the table.

Thanks for any insights.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19775 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:39 PM #4

phpMyAdmin is a tool to handle the administration of MySQL which usually can be found in the control panel of your server

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:51 PM #5

Thanks.

Thanks for any insights.

• merchantman
  • Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:00 PM #6

phpMyAdmin is a tool to handle the administration of MySQL which usually can be found in the control panel of your server

I found phpMyAdmin and viewed the table, so I can change value of field "is_root" for that record at any time. I just needed to be sure I had access to all user settings, but I won't change settings I don't understand. I see root refers to mySQL server. Clearly I need some skills.

Thanks for any insights.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19775 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:11 AM #7

This setting means that this admin account is "super-admin". It does not refer to mySQL server. On the clean installation only one super-admin is allowed. For some reason two accounts in your store are marked as root. You can change it