• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Localization Where To Set It On The Single Pages? Rate Topic   - - - - -

• lparodi
  • Trial users
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:08 AM #1

Hello,
I have had several customizations to various pages and blocks (products, home page etc), thereafter I have activated the localization.
The version is 4.3.3
As described in several posts all my blocks disappears ...
In the documentation I read :

NOTE: After creating a localization, it is required to select it in the Localization option on the details pages of the desired products, categories, shippings (destinations), payments, pages, ads and news in your administration panel to display them for customers from the address selected for the localization.

but I can't understand where this localization option is ????????
I have searched under design->layout and then in every single page. No way to find this select option.

Someone could please explain me how to proceed please ?

Thank you
Luca

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19780 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 09:27 AM #2

I have created two localizations:

http://clip2net.com/s/3loGKXA

They can be assigned to CMS page on the "Update page" page:

http://clip2net.com/s/3loH4pz

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• lparodi
  • Trial users
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 10:03 AM #3

Hello,
I have the localizations set up as you show in the first picture, but I don't have the Localization filed you have in the second picture.
I have manually deleted the cache folder, but it doesn't appear anyway.
Are you able to do the same on the homepage or on the product details page ?

Thank you!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19780 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:20 AM #4

I have the localizations set up as you show in the first picture, but I don't have the Localization filed you have in the second picture.
I have manually deleted the cache folder, but it doesn't appear anyway.
Are you able to do the same on the homepage or on the product details page ?

The localizations are not linked with pages (home, product details, etc), but with objects (products, categories, CMS pages)

For example, if products and their categories are not assigned to the current localization, the block with products will not be displayed at all

Please find more details about localizations here:

http://kb.cs-cart.co...ization-setting

GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    CS-Cart RU                         24500 руб.
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      CS-Cart RU + UniTheme    36000 руб.

• lparodi
  • Trial users
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:47 PM #5

Sorry but when you say "if products and their categories are not assigned to the current localization" what does you mean.
In other words how to "assign" a product to a localization ?

Posted Image

Posted Image

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19780 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:54 PM #6

Try to create second localization and check if the Localization field is displayed in the Availability section. It should be there

• lparodi
  • Trial users
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 04:58 PM #7

By creating a second localization the filed has appeared.
For sure this localization system is a nightmare. It necessary to activate it for every single part (for example not for the whole menu but option by option .. and the seconde level of the menu doesn't appear anyway).
And I assume that if I need to add another localization I have to do the same again ... no comment !

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19780 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:33 AM #8

For sure this localization system is a nightmare. It necessary to activate it for every single part (for example not for the whole menu but option by option .. and the seconde level of the menu doesn't appear anyway).
And I assume that if I need to add another localization I have to do the same again ... no comment !

As far as I know, this feature is not supported by CS-Cart now. Therefore it can be enabled from the config.local.php file only. Use it at your own risk

• imac
  • Head of Product
  • CS-Cart Architects
  • 2074 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 12:26 PM #9

This is depricated feature in CS-Cart.
We recommend use storefronts instead of localizations.
Ilya Makarov,
CS-Cart Architect Team
Suggest and vote for new features | Report a bug

• lparodi
  • Trial users
  • 46 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:57 AM #10

Hello imac,
thank you for your advice. I don't know what you mean with "storefronts", but I'll search in the documentation/forum.

What I need to do is :
1) having different prices for the same product depending on the customer location
2) force the customer to buy in USD,GBP,EUR depending on his location, don't allow him/her to change currency

It is possible to do that ?

Thanks

• editaweb
  • Advanced Member
  • Trial users
  • 98 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 10:57 AM #11

HI,

i've the same request? is possible do it?

Thanks