• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Authorize.net Switching To Akamai Network Rate Topic   - - - - -

• novista
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 11:47 PM #1

Authorize.net sent out an announcement saying they are switching to the Akamai network. These are the new URL's:

https://api2.authori.../v1/request.api
https://api2.authori...v1/Service.asmx
https://secure2.auth...ay/transact.dll

Does anyone know if this affects CS Cart and if so, where the new URL would go? I'm not seeing it in authorizenet_aim.php.

Thanks.

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12071 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:15 AM #2

They say all is fine till June 2016, then they will forward old URLs to new. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• novista
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 12:14 PM #3

Thanks, I knew I had time, just wanted to get it out of the way.

• csman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:41 PM #4

So is it safe to expect forwarding will not break existing CS-Cart configurations with Authorize.net?

I imagine it will cause a slightly longer time for a response after a transaction, correct?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12071 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 05:16 PM #5

You probably wouldn't be able to measure the impact of the redirect. The cost would be absorbed by the normal network variability. Note too that they might just do this via DNS so there's be no real redirect at all.

Anet is very good at maintaining compatibility. Stuff they did in the 90's still runs without modification today.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• csman
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2015 - 09:15 PM #6

Thank you for your insight.

• denningj
  • Trial users
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:47 AM #7

They say all is fine till June 2016, then they will forward old URLs to new. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

With all that said, IS there a way to manually change these now, rather than rely on the 'redirect' in June? Simply to ease the mind and inquiries of clients.  In other words, it would be appreciated if the OP was answered...does anyone know which file needs to be changed?

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 12071 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 07:27 PM #8

Change the URL's in app/payments/authorizenet_aim.php