Want To Create New Add-On But Confused

Hi everyone,

I am very new to cs-cart and I was asked to develop a new add-on to add certain functionality.

I started by reading the add-on development section in the developers documentation.

But I am very confused about how to start, what are schemes, when to use them, what does it mean to extend a scheme, and when do I need to do that?

Things like this…

I hope someone can summarize this for me, please :)

[quote name=‘Elsherif’ timestamp=‘1436510386’ post=‘222358’]

Hi everyone,

I am very new to cs-cart and I was asked to develop a new add-on to add certain functionality.

I started by reading the add-on development section in the developers documentation.

But I am very confused about how to start, what are schemes, when to use them, what does it mean to extend a scheme, and when do I need to do that?

Things like this…

I hope someone can summarize this for me, please :)

[/quote]

Don’t think someone can summarize this better than it is in documentation at the moment. Too many information to summarize.

But the exact question will be answered.

The best way to find out how it works is to see default CS-Cart add-ons. They work exactly the same way as any other developed by developers.

In short scheme is used for:

• Creating new blocks in Layout manager
  • Privileges for admins
  • New items in Menu
  • Settings

etc.

Does This mean that in order to add a new item to the products menu in the admin panel for example I will use schemes?

And for the functionality of that menu item I have to make a new controller and of course a tpl file for the view.

Is that right?

From my point of view, the easiest module to understand is Banners. Please start from it