Support Issues

Last year, CS-Cart raised the price of support credits. That's fine - I understand that costs go up over time. However, I am unhappy that all my paid support requests are getting an auto-reply essentially saying, “We're busy. We'll respond in 2-3 days.”

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is the support team greatly understaffed or what?

[quote name='grayloon' timestamp='1436369694' post='222085']

Last year, CS-Cart raised the price of support credits. That's fine - I understand that costs go up over time. However, I am unhappy that all my paid support requests are getting an auto-reply essentially saying, “We're busy. We'll respond in 2-3 days.”

Is anyone else experiencing this? Is the support team greatly understaffed or what?

[/quote]

I apologize for the delay with support tickets. We are working on it. Right now there there are 3 new engineers being trained. After they are ready I'm sure tech support will be back to normal.

Thank you!

Hi,

What would be the normal response time be for support? Also is there a higher level support option, at more cost?

Regards

Patrick

Last year, I asked about a higher level of support, but CSC said they don't offer that.

I recently lodged a ticket and got a “we're overloaded and will get back to you soon” message, then the next day they started to provide help. So 2 days probably.

[quote name='pjc63' timestamp='1436790777' post='222700']

Hi,

What would be the normal response time be for support? Also is there a higher level support option, at more cost?

Regards

Patrick

[/quote]

[quote name='grayloon' timestamp='1436794899' post='222716']

Last year, I asked about a higher level of support, but CSC said they don't offer that.

[/quote]

Normal response time is 24 hours. In good times times it is about 3-8hrs.

Higher lever support service is not provided just because we are not sure whether there will be demand on it, because surely this will be more expensive.

Ive had the std response “heavily loaded” email quite a few times but on all those occasions support arrived most same day anyway.

Im quite happy in general with CS support team, I mean all businesses get heavily loaded form time to time

@imac, you may be surprised if you offered a “premium” express service at a higher rate, it is human nature to want everything now now now , we did it, and cant believe how many people choose it and when we are running at those service levels levels anyway a lot of the time its just a bonus. BUT its a guarantee that those who want to pay more to ensure speed they get it.

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1436977120' post='223083']

Ive had the std response “heavily loaded” email quite a few times but on all those occasions support arrived most same day anyway.

Im quite happy in general with CS support team, I mean all businesses get heavily loaded form time to time

@imac, you may be surprised if you offered a “premium” express service at a higher rate, it is human nature to want everything now now now , we did it, and cant believe how many people choose it and when we are running at those service levels levels anyway a lot of the time its just a bonus. BUT its a guarantee that those who want to pay more to ensure speed they get it.

[/quote]

johnbol1,

Thank you for the kind words.

We will think about this. I too think this could make live of our clients easier.

I got the heavily loaded email a couple times, but support seems to be faster now. A bigger issue for me is the large time difference being in North America. Generally when I place a support request during business hours, it's night time there, and the response only comes in the next morning.

The challenge is when the response needs more information, each back and forth communication can take 2 business days even with faster support times. If there is a delay on CSCart side, then the whole process back and forth can extend into 3-4 business days or a whole week if it goes over a weekend. That's a huge impact if it's a critical support issue (ie site down). My vote would be for a backup North America based support person to help with the off hours time, before any premium support is implemented.

[quote name='sycorp' timestamp='1437065566' post='223249']

I got the heavily loaded email a couple times, but support seems to be faster now. A bigger issue for me is the large time difference being in North America. Generally when I place a support request during business hours, it's night time there, and the response only comes in the next morning.

The challenge is when the response needs more information, each back and forth communication can take 2 business days even with faster support times. If there is a delay on CSCart side, then the whole process back and forth can extend into 3-4 business days or a whole week if it goes over a weekend. That's a huge impact if it's a critical support issue (ie site down). My vote would be for a backup North America based support person to help with the off hours time, before any premium support is implemented.

[/quote]

Yeah so, if CS cart did lay on night shift staff for support,(day time for you) would you pay for it at a premium. I certainly would.

May be a poll to see how many think its a good idea

I would.