Keyword Tools

Looking at some tools to help find good keywords for my site and also analyze what's working for competitor sites. I've looked at Similar Web (awesome but expensive), Wordtracker and KeywordSpy. They all look pretty useful but I don't know which is best. Does anyone use any of these or have another one to recommend?

Thanks for any insights.

Use Google's Adwords Keyword Planner… It's about the best there is…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1435333459' post='220572']

Use Google's Adwords Keyword Planner… It's about the best there is…

[/quote]

Thanks for the tip. I'll definitely check it out. Does it let you see what competitor sites are doing with keywords?

[quote name='jermaine1988' timestamp='1437552468' post='223871'] I see that you don't want to spend a fortune on a keyword tool and that is very understandable. http://www.webtexttool.com is an easy to use tool where you can perform keyword and competitor analysis. In addition to Google Adwords Keyword Planner, it shows directly what keywords could be promising for you. [/quote]

Interesting and possibly very useful for blogging so I signed up for trial. I wanted something that would allow me to analyze specific domains to determine who our important competitors are and what their SEO strategy is. I don't see how this tool could be used for specific sites.

Ahrefs can also be quite beneficial as it analyzes the backlinks of your competitors, which you can then use for off-page SEO. It’s a bit pricey, but definitely recommended.

Ahrefs can also be quite beneficial as it analyzes the backlinks of your competitors, which you can then use for off-page SEO. It's a bit pricey, but definitely recommended.

Thanks for tip. I'll take a look at it.

Google Keyword Planner is the best tool for finding right keywords. You can also take help of semrush and ahrefs to analyse your competitors.

How many Meta Keywords Should be in website Homepage, Category, Product Detail page?

How many Meta Keywords Should be in website Homepage, Category, Product Detail page?

I would think all the relevant ones you can think of, and try to get them in the content on those pages as well. I may be wrong about this, but as long as they are actually relevant I don't you will reach a number where they don't help or start to hurt.

There are many tools with the help of you can do keyword research. I list some best working tools

1. Google Keyword Planner (Free)

2. WordStream’s Keyword Tool (free)
3. FreshKey ($20 software)
4. Search Term/Query Reports (free-ish)

meta-keywords is rarely used (or ranked extremely low). Google and others derive keywords from the page content, not what you specify in the meta-keywords. Meta-keywords has been essentially defunct for years.

The value of these tools is mostly for ad-words keyword bidding versus organic search. However, they will help you identify how "rich" your page is for specified keywords.

I ll recommend you google keyword planner, it is more accurate than other.

I highly recommend you use these tools to research keywords.

1.) WordStream’s Keyword Tool (free). The WordStream keyword tool allows you to target certain niches (groups of related keywords), gives you further suggestions, and also allows you to group them based off of a common theme for easy ad group launches.

2. Soovle (free)

If you have multiple channels you wish to do keyword research for and want to sound like an idiot explaining the pronunciation of this tool to your watercooler buddies, then Soovle is a perfect fit. Soovle allows you to explore the most typed in keywords on multiple search engines based on the keyword root you give it. It even includes Amazon and eBay.

3.) Ubersuggest (free)

Meet the keyword research tool on steroids, Ubersuggest. Ubersuggest takes any keyword you give it and immediately gives you an almost unlimited list of alphabetized and numerical keyword variations of your original keyword. You can even take it further by adding “bounce house ab, ac, ad” to uncover more keywords that you could potentially bid on or use for SEO purposes.

I highly recommend you use these tools to research keywords.

1.) WordStream’s Keyword Tool (free). The WordStream keyword tool allows you to target certain niches (groups of related keywords), gives you further suggestions, and also allows you to group them based off of a common theme for easy ad group launches.

2. Soovle (free)

If you have multiple channels you wish to do keyword research for and want to sound like an idiot explaining the pronunciation of this tool to your watercooler buddies, then Soovle is a perfect fit. Soovle allows you to explore the most typed in keywords on multiple search engines based on the keyword root you give it. It even includes Amazon and eBay.

3.) Ubersuggest (free)

Meet the keyword research tool on steroids, Ubersuggest. Ubersuggest takes any keyword you give it and immediately gives you an almost unlimited list of alphabetized and numerical keyword variations of your original keyword. You can even take it further by adding “bounce house ab, ac, ad” to uncover more keywords that you could potentially bid on or use for SEO purposes.

Thanks Halley. They look like excellent tools and since they are free I'll be looking closely at all of them.