• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Difference Between Licenses Rate Topic   - - - - -

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:25 PM #1

What is the difference between buying a cs-cart lifetime licenses vs. buying a 1-year Licenses.??

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:52 PM #2

hi,

it is about Multi-Vendor edition:
If you purchase lifetime license, you have to pay only once;
If you purchase 1-year license, you have to pay for it annually.

best regards,
WSA team

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:05 PM #3

Sorry, I ment Cs-Cart Pro edition.. They offer both a Lifetime and 1-Year... Multi-Vendor is totally different..

https://www.cs-cart.com/compare.html

We purchased a Lifetime yet you still have to purchase the yealy prolongation.. Doesn't make sense to me...

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11997 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:24 PM #4

Jay, I'd think of it this way...

If you buy a lifetime license then you own the license for forever and can use it till hell freezes over.
If you buy a 1 year license then you are effectively leasing the license and each year will have to renew the license to maintain full functionality

Not sure if the 1year includes the upgrade prolongation or not (should but I don't know for sure) but with the lifetime you still need to subscribe to upgrade service if you want to stay current.

In either case, to stay current you have to make an annual contribution to the cs-cart retirement fund....

That's my understanding anyway. MVE is pretty much the same model.

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:06 PM #5

Jay, I'd think of it this way...

If you buy a lifetime license then you own the license for forever and can use it till hell freezes over.
If you buy a 1 year license then you are effectively leasing the license and each year will have to renew the license to maintain full functionality

Not sure if the 1year includes the upgrade prolongation or not (should but I don't know for sure) but with the lifetime you still need to subscribe to upgrade service if you want to stay current.

In either case, to stay current you have to make an annual contribution to the cs-cart retirement fund....

That's my understanding anyway. MVE is pretty much the same model.

I guess that makes sense. Just the terminology is a little off to me. Must just be me. I'll go back to my corner.

Elkhorn Graphics LLC
Cs-Cart 4.11.2

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11997 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 08:24 PM #6

Just need to brush up on your Russian grammer! :-)

EZ Merchant Solutions: Custom (USA based) B2B Development, Consulting, Development and Special Projects (get a quote here).
Commercial addons, payment methods and modifications to meet your business and operations needs.

• Darius
  • Douchebag
  • Members
  • 3496 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:30 AM #7

Some customers make sales even with using 1x or 2x branch.. If you are after every single update there is sure you go for yearly license..

Sorry, I ment Cs-Cart Pro edition.. They offer both a Lifetime and 1-Year... Multi-Vendor is totally different..

https://www.cs-cart.com/compare.html

We purchased a Lifetime yet you still have to purchase the yealy prolongation.. Doesn't make sense to me...

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 21552 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 09:02 AM #8

Note that the following products from CS-Cart team are also included in 1-year license:

- Mobile Commerce
- Facebook app
- Ebay add-on
- Searchanise
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• termalert
  • Members
  • 985 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 12:03 PM #9

AND Searchanise alone is normally at least $216.00 per year.

• HappyPig0
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 09:55 AM #10

So does this mean: If I don't renew my website will not function?
Or..
Does it mean my website continues to function but I do not get up-grades/up-dates?

• cscartrocks
  • Members
  • 1833 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 11:43 AM #11

So does this mean: If I don't renew my website will not function?
Or..
Does it mean my website continues to function but I do not get up-grades/up-dates?

It's the latter case if you have lifetime license.

One Step Checkout Addon - The ultimate checkout experience
Best CS-Cart SEO addon - CS-Cart SEO Ultimate Addon
PM for 365-day support and custom development service

• tbirnseth
  • CS Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 11997 posts

Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:47 PM #12

That's what it means for the lifetime license.

But I believe for the annual, if you don't pay your dues, customers still see your site but your admin gets restricted to the point where you can't process orders and can't update products. It might do something like force your store into catalog mode so orders can't be placed. I.e. you are no longer licensed to use the product.

• HappyPig0
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:25 AM #13

Thank you, sorry for my delay, I forgot to tag this topic.