Creating New Layout For Page

I'm trying to create a new Layout for an About Us page. We basically have a few divs within the content that would be easier to work with as blocks for easy responsiveness etc.

I've looked at this Layout — CS-Cart 4.2.x documentation

But can't seem to figure out what to do.

I've tried creating a new layout with a custom destination and added [about-us].[about-us]

But that doesn't seem to be doing it, I'm not actually sure what values I can use int he controller name and mode name.

Any help or a link to a clearer documentation would be appreciated

Thanks

Please try

Design → Layouts → Add layout page… → Dispatch → View page → Select the Pages tab → Select the About us page → Click on the Create button

As a result new layout will be applied to the About us page only

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1434729228' post='219613']

Please try

Design → Layouts → Add layout page… → Dispatch → View page → Select the Pages tab → Select the About us page → Click on the Create button

As a result new layout will be applied to the About us page only

[/quote]

I'm not sure if that's doing what I wanted to do.

Basically, I just want to be able to create a new Layout like “Homepage” “Products” “Categories” etc. I just want to make a tab that says “About Us” and be able to use blocks to build it.

Thanks

try this

Thanks John,

It doesn't seem to help do what I'm trying to do.

I know how to create layouts, I'm just not sure if I can create a “Content” page and edit it with Blocks.

All I want to do is build an about us page with a mix of text and images and it just makes it easier if I can use blocks to control the responsiveness rather than HTML & CSS. I just need someone to confirm that I Can or Can't do it.

I just want to create a new Location in the layouts area which I can use for the About us page.

but creating the new location seems to be the problem I'm having, When I create it I have no idea what

[controller_name] or [mode_name] means, I'm just using [about-us].[about-us], I have no idea what they are used for because the documentation doesn't say anything about it.

Thanks for the help guys,

I'm just really disappointed in CS-Cart's documentation, I find it very hard to read.

At first create the About us page in the Website → Content page in the admin panel

Then use solution from post #2 to create a separate layout only for this page

Hello,

I created a new page using Website > Pages > Add page. [1]

I would like to customize the layout of the page. Unfortunately, when I go under: Design >Layouts> Add a Layout page, Dispatch > none of the manually created new pages using the methods above [1] are showing.

Do you know where the problem may be coming from?

Thank you!

I can assume that the page was created for another store-front or has the Link type

I can assume that the page was created for another store-front or has the Link type

Hello eComLabs, thank you for your answer.

However, I do not understand what you mean by "it was created for another store-front". I'm working on the multi-vendor platform, all the pages I create are made on the admin side (not vendor related). There is only 1 store front for the entire site, 1 hosting, etc...

Could you be more specific as why the pages would not show under "Dispatch"?

For example, another page I would like to modify the layout is my "free return" page. Again, it does not show when I create a new layout, under Dispatch. None of the pages that are created under Website > Pages are showing on the list if I want to try to create a new layout for them.

Thank you in advance for your help

Hello eComLabs, thank you for your answer.

However, I do not understand what you mean by "it was created for another store-front". I'm working on the multi-vendor platform, all the pages I create are made on the admin side (not vendor related). There is only 1 store front for the entire site, 1 hosting, etc...

Could you be more specific as why the pages would not show under "Dispatch"?

What dispatch do you choose? In the nearby field you should see "pages.view"

What dispatch do you choose? In the nearby field you should see "pages.view"

Yes, the dispatch "page.view" does allow to select a page.

Is that the correct dispatch field to use to edit any page created via the Website > Pages (admin)?

Is that the correct dispatch field to use to edit any page created via the Website > Pages (admin)?

Yes, it is!

Thank you for your help, your team is great!

You are welcome!

Thanks eComLabs,

You are really really CS-CART Expert. and plus very good men, helpful for users. Thanks again!

Thank you for your kind words. Wishing you and your family a healthy and peaceful New Year!

I edit this setting

https://prnt.sc/UwahfQ8K2s_8

still I am unable to see design tab in vendor panel