• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Creating New Layout For Page Rate Topic   - - - - -

• Petru
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:22 PM #1

I'm trying to create a new Layout for an About Us page. We basically have a few divs within the content that would be easier to work with as blocks for easy responsiveness etc.

I've looked at this http://docs.cs-cart....mes/layout.html
But can't seem to figure out what to do.

I've tried creating a new layout with a custom destination and added [about-us].[about-us]
But that doesn't seem to be doing it, I'm not actually sure what values I can use int he controller name and mode name.

Any help or a link to a clearer documentation would be appreciated

Thanks

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19976 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 03:53 PM #2

Please try

Design -> Layouts -> Add layout page... -> Dispatch -> View page -> Select the Pages tab -> Select the About us page -> Click on the Create button

As a result new layout will be applied to the About us page only
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• Petru
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:20 AM #3

Please try

Design -> Layouts -> Add layout page... -> Dispatch -> View page -> Select the Pages tab -> Select the About us page -> Click on the Create button

As a result new layout will be applied to the About us page only

I'm not sure if that's doing what I wanted to do.
Basically, I just want to be able to create a new Layout like "Homepage" "Products" "Categories" etc. I just want to make a tab that says "About Us" and be able to use blocks to build it.

Thanks

• johnbol1
  • Never Re
  • Members
  • 4701 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 03:46 AM #4

try this

https://www.cs-cart....yout_editor.htm

Custom printed hi visibility clothing sale the UK's online hivis safety shop
v4.5.2

• Petru
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:05 AM #5

Thanks John,

It doesn't seem to help do what I'm trying to do.
I know how to create layouts, I'm just not sure if I can create a "Content" page and edit it with Blocks.
All I want to do is build an about us page with a mix of text and images and it just makes it easier if I can use blocks to control the responsiveness rather than HTML & CSS. I just need someone to confirm that I Can or Can't do it.

I just want to create a new Location in the layouts area which I can use for the About us page.
but creating the new location seems to be the problem I'm having, When I create it I have no idea what
[controller_name] or [mode_name] means, I'm just using [about-us].[about-us], I have no idea what they are used for because the documentation doesn't say anything about it.

Thanks for the help guys,

I'm just really disappointed in CS-Cart's documentation, I find it very hard to read.

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19976 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:27 AM #6

At first create the About us page in the Website -> Content page in the admin panel

Then use solution from post #2 to create a separate layout only for this page
GET A FREE QUOTE | CS-Cart Add-ons | CS-Cart Licenses | CS-Cart Development | CS-Cart Design | Server Configuration | UniTheme and YOUPI
CS-Cart                USD 345     Multi-Vendor              USD 1250    Multi-Vendor PLUS           USD 3100 (2775)
CS-Cart Ultimate  USD 775     CS-Cart + YOUPI      USD 545      Multi-Vendor Ultimate       USD 7500 (6000)

• mattinv
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:12 AM #7

Hello,

I created a new page using Website > Pages > Add page. [1]

I would like to customize the layout of the page. Unfortunately, when I go under: Design >Layouts> Add a Layout page, Dispatch > none of the manually created new pages using the methods above [1] are showing.

Do you know where the problem may be coming from?

Thank you!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19976 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:30 AM #8

I can assume that the page was created for another store-front or has the Link type

• mattinv
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:36 AM #9

I can assume that the page was created for another store-front or has the Link type

Hello eComLabs, thank you for your answer.

However, I do not understand what you mean by "it was created for another store-front". I'm working on the multi-vendor platform, all the pages I create are made on the admin side (not vendor related). There is only 1 store front for the entire site, 1 hosting, etc...

Could you be more specific as why the pages would not show under "Dispatch"?

For example, another page I would like to modify the layout is my "free return" page. Again, it does not show when I create a new layout, under Dispatch. None of the pages that are created under Website > Pages are showing on the list if I want to try to create a new layout for them.

Thank you in advance for your help

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19976 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 07:51 AM #10

Hello eComLabs, thank you for your answer.

However, I do not understand what you mean by "it was created for another store-front". I'm working on the multi-vendor platform, all the pages I create are made on the admin side (not vendor related). There is only 1 store front for the entire site, 1 hosting, etc...

Could you be more specific as why the pages would not show under "Dispatch"?

What dispatch do you choose? In the nearby field you should see "pages.view"

• mattinv
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 02 November 2017 - 04:09 PM #11

What dispatch do you choose? In the nearby field you should see "pages.view"

Yes, the dispatch "page.view" does allow to select a page.

Is that the correct dispatch field to use to edit any page created via the Website > Pages (admin)?

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19976 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:38 AM #12

Is that the correct dispatch field to use to edit any page created via the Website > Pages (admin)?

Yes, it is!

• mattinv
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 05:47 AM #13

Thank you for your help, your team is great!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19976 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 06:07 AM #14

You are welcome!

• eComLabs
  • CS-Cart Expert
  • Authorized Reseller
  • 19976 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:42 AM #15

Thanks eComLabs,

You are really really CS-CART Expert. and plus very good men, helpful for users. Thanks again!

Thank you for your kind words. Wishing you and your family a healthy and peaceful New Year!