nice desing i must admit :)

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:20 PM #22

Looking good.

How many hours?

Edit: Sorry I meant months

I wish it only took hours - i think all in all until we had it all perfect must of been around 3 months

Host & Name Ltd - your reliable & trustworthy media provider (www.hostandname.co.uk)
Approved CS-Cart Developers and Official CS-Cart Licensing Supplier
Web Hosting | Cloud Hosting | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Domains | Emails | Design | Development | Marketing | Management

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:22 PM #23

It certainly is a very nice looking site...

What im wondering is, how much of the design is now hard coded into the templates or have you modified it so the large images can be changed in the admin area ?

All that is hard coded is the pages mail forms and the flash headers.

Host & Name Ltd - your reliable & trustworthy media provider (www.hostandname.co.uk)
Web Hosting | Cloud Hosting | Dedicated Servers | VPS | Domains | Emails | Design | Development | Marketing | Management

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:22 PM #24

wich skin u use as base of template ?

nice desing i must admit :)

I used the default blue but there is nothing left of it :)

• SWS
  • Members
  • 798 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:49 PM #25

Well, Ive made a lot less dramatic changes to my site, altough its based and resembles aquarelle red, the tpl files are infact very different.

I certainly envy you if you attempt an update to V1.35 with this store.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:33 PM #26

I certainly envy you if you attempt an update to V1.35 with this store.

Believe me im going to try, ill create a beta version and give it a god when i got the time - i also forgot to mention that the admin side is themed aswell.

I will get some screenshots up for you shortly.

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 05:41 PM #27

haha

CS Rookie

and to top it off i use to be the forum moderator lol

• russ1106
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 02:40 AM #28

Yes, its all garbaged up to me also. All the text is messed up overlapping each words with other words.

VERY nice site. Clean look, easy to navigate, well done all around

Did notice one page that looks completely wacked in my browser, at least. Looks like a CSS/div error is squashing all the text into a 2-word column, running from top of page to the bottom - just fyi!
http://www.ambientlo...uchers-p39.html

nice job though! CS-Cart should create a user-gallery featuring real stores that run on their software. this one should be a marquee site if you ask me

one thought - you could add some actionscript to the home page flash graphic that would select a random number, and based on that, start at a different "slide" each time they hit the home page. I found myself sitting there waiting to see subsequent slides out of curiosity, but didn't have the patience. heh.

• cmebd
  • Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 09:57 AM #29

As a matter of interest how does the gift voucher work? Does the "form" appear on the selected voucher? How did you do this?

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 04:39 PM #30

As a matter of interest how does the gift voucher work? Does the "form" appear on the selected voucher? How did you do this?

We simply created a Gift Voucher product, and then added product options to it [fields] so that they could enter the to and from - and make a choice of 2 styles - pay for it and its done. ofcourse we have to manually generate the codes.

• russ1106
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 08:59 PM #31

How much do you charge to do sites?

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:34 PM #32

Hi Russ,

All depends on what needs to be done, email your brief over to sales@1linedesign.com and we will be able to assist you further :)

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 10:34 PM #33

Hey guys,

Just thought id give you all a heads up in regards to this project, we have spent the last few months doing more modifications / addons for this site that has never been seen before.

Visit: http://www.ambientlounge.co.uk/

* Design elements have been updated
* Would you like a matching ottoman added to the checkout
* Product Listings have been modified to seperate different types of products
* You can now view related products by Interior and Elements designs of the bean bags
* Some more features which you will see when viewing the site

Some feedback on these updates would be great!!!

• clips
  • Aged Resident Loon
  • Members
  • 1650 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:00 PM #34

Why doesn't your site go to a secure (ssl) site when we click to checkout. I was curious to see how it ran in secure mode but it doesn't appear to go to the https
Regards,
Jim

• hostandname
  • Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:12 PM #35

Why doesn't your site go to a secure (ssl) site when we click to checkout. I was curious to see how it ran in secure mode but it doesn't appear to go to the https

If you notice it users the payment gateway (ProTX Form) which means the form is hosted by the merchant which has a very high secure SSL running, hence why the Ambient Lounge site does not need / require a SSL as one is provided on payment page.

ProTX Form is very much how PayPal would work in regards of the encryption and security.

If it was to be taking cards directly on the site then a SSL will be required, which in most cases is a good few of themodule available with CS-Cart.

Hope that cleared things up with yourself and anyone else that may of have concerns in regards to this.

• pbradish
  • Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:49 PM #36

Great Job! It's nice to see what CS-Cart can really do. :P