Quantity Discount Decimal

Hi there folks,

Currently using Ver 4.2x. I've encountered a problem when entering Quantity Discount for Percentage %. I need to be able to enter 59.5% discount for my highest level user group but everytime I entered 59.5 and clicked Save, it auto-round to 60%! I've searched in the forum regarding this issue but only happen to see a fix from an add-on. I do not want to install add-ons if possible.

Any help in increasing the decimal value for entering discount percentage in product page will be highly appreciated!

dsc.png

You should log in the phpMyAdmin, find the cscart_product_prices table and change type of the percentage_discount field from int(2) to decimal(2,1)

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1433841273' post='217968']

You should log in the phpMyAdmin, find the cscart_product_prices table and change type of the percentage_discount field from int(2) to decimal(2,1)

[/quote]

Hi eComLabs, it does not change its default “9.9” value after clicking Save.

Please refer to image for reference… I've included the cpanel screenshot as well.

cp.png

cp2.png

It's alright, I figured it out. Instead of decimal(2,1), put it as decimal(5,2). It works perfectly!

[quote]

note: if you want that that field maximum value between 0-99.99 then use

ALTER TABLE table_name ADD percentage DECIMAL( 5, 2 ) NOT NULL

[/quote]

Link: http://stackoverflow…ata-type-to-use

Thanks for your help, eComLabs! Truly appreciate it.

My bad! Thank you for sharing this information

You could also use our Manage Discounts addon that will allow you to enter a fractional percentage and then it simply adjusts the new price based on that value. There's no limit then to the number of decimal places. I.e. 5.63825 will also work. The additional advantage is that you can apply discounts in batch based on product search.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1433966814' post='218305']

You could also use our Manage Discounts addon that will allow you to enter a fractional percentage and then it simply adjusts the new price based on that value. There's no limit then to the number of decimal places. I.e. 5.63825 will also work. The additional advantage is that you can apply discounts in batch based on product search.

[/quote]

Recommended

John

I see, that’s the Add-on I’ve mentioned before here. :D It’s a great add-on but I’ll settle with this fix. Thanks again!