Changing Homepage Search Block Hint Color And Size Text

Hi,

How would someone change the search hint text color. It's currently showing a really faded light grey text color and I would like the search products text in the search box to be a black color?

Also, how would I change the search box typed text as well?

Thanks.

hi,

[quote]

How would someone change the search hint text color. It's currently showing a really faded light grey text color and I would like the search products text in the search box to be a black color?

[/quote]

Please use the CSS section in the Theme editor and add the following:

.ty-search-block__input.cm-hint {
color: black;
}

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Also, how would I change the search box typed text as well?[/font][/color][/quote]

please provide screen shot and clarify what you want to change

best regards,

WSA team

[quote name=‘hobbiesdeveloper’ timestamp=‘1432078563’ post=‘215016’]

Also, how would I change the search box typed text as well?

[/quote]

Please correct the “search_products” language variable:

Thank you. I will try it.

I just tried the code below and it didn't change the search hint.

[color=#666600].[/color][color=#000000]ty[/color][color=#666600]-[/color][color=#000000]search[/color][color=#666600]-[/color][color=#000000]block__input[/color][color=#666600].[/color][color=#000000]cm[/color][color=#666600]-[/color][color=#000000]hint [/color][color=#666600]{[/color]

[color=#000000] color[/color][color=#666600]:[/color][color=#000000] black[/color][color=#666600];[/color]

[color=#666600]}[/color]

[color=#666600]Here is a screenshot of what I would like changed to black.[/color]

screenshot.png

it is impossible to assist without real HTML code - please provide URL to your shop and we'll help.

best regards,

WSA team

[quote name='hobbiesdeveloper' timestamp='1432243332' post='215313']

I just tried the code below and it didn't change the search hint.

[/quote]

Please try this code:

.top-search .search-input.cm-hint {
color: #000 !important;
}

Perfect. Thanks a lot eComLabs :)

[quote name=‘hobbiesdeveloper’ timestamp=‘1432307592’ post=‘215431’]

Perfect. Thanks a lot eComLabs :)

[/quote]

You are welcome!

I'm having a similar challenge - not with the search block text hint but with the newsletter internal hint colour. It's such a light shade as to be almost unreadable. I've changed my theme to "Summit" if that changes anything.

I've looked in the CSS file, the newsletter template (subscribe.tpl) without any luck. Where would the font colour be specified?

PS - CS Cart V4.3

I'm having a similar challenge - not with the search block text hint but with the newsletter internal hint colour. It's such a light shade as to be almost unreadable. I've changed my theme to "Summit" if that changes anything.

I've looked in the CSS file, the newsletter template (subscribe.tpl) without any luck. Where would the font colour be specified?

PS - CS Cart V4.3

Please share or PM the URL of your website

The site is under development so it's not 'live' yet. The URL is http://newsite.oakleywoods.com/new/

The newsletter block is in the footer section

Just add the following code to the CSS section in the Theme editor

.ty-footer-form-block__form .cm-hint {
    color: grey;
}

http://prntscr.com/hix2a8

Thanks eComLabs. That worked perfectly. You're at the top of my list when it comes to real outsourced work. :-)

I highly recommend getting familiar with Chrome's CSS inspector.

https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/inspect-styles/

It will save you a lot of time in modifying cs-cart's styles and appearance.

David

Thanks eComLabs. That worked perfectly. You're at the top of my list when it comes to real outsourced work. :-)

You are welcome! :)